Content Suggestion Amnestics Re-Work

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently, Amnestics are handled, in my opinion, a bit poorly. With Class-A through D providing little deviation from "Less Time you remember." As such, I wish to change how the Amnestics work in game, as well as possible add more from Lore in order to help promote a unique play for amnestic usage.

So, here is how Amnestics work on the server, and what I suggest is changed about them, and to my knowledge, changing how Amnestics works should be easy, and a member of SSL should be able to do it without any Dev Time. This has all been tested with 100ml Doses, and 200ml Doses, both warrant the same effect. As such I believe 100ml is a good standard for each dosage to remain at their suggested changes.

Class-A = Current: 1 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 6 Hour of Memory Wipe

Class-B = Current: 2 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 24 Hours of Memory Wipe

Class-C = Current: 4 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: Specific Memory Removal

Class-D = Current: 5 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: Early Memory Wipe, or perhaps remove all memories except skills, To be unique, it does NOT need to change your faction orientation, it just provides a unique roleplay opportunity to almost factory reset some one.

Class-E = Current: Targeted Memory Wipe
Suggested Change: A Chemical that makes people view something that would be abnormal, to be normal.

Class-F = Current: Complete Destruction of Identity and Memories, allowing brainwashing and reconstruction of subject.
Suggested Change: None, this can remain as is, however I do want to comment the recipe to make this is annoying, AMX Conversion sucks.

939 Blood = Current: 3 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 1 Hour Memory Erasure

With this being aside, I do have one chemical suggestion to add, just because it can be a useful chemical , that being the following...

Class-G = Suggested Description: Makes you doubt specific information to the point where you aren't sure if its true or not, essentially gas lighting your memory.
Suggested Recipe: Class-C and SCP-457 in a Vacuum Chamber.

Each of the amnestic changes will help promote the roleplay opportunities each can produce, instead of most of them being copy and paste with a 1 hour difference. This will give members of each GOI and the Foundation to help pick and chose what type of amnestic roleplay they wanted to engage in, without making them all the same and just having people favor one or the other.

At the end of the day, Amnestics are rarely used, and even 939 blood gets used over Class-A since 939 blood is more effective then both Class-A and Class-B at this time, as it makes you forget 3 Hours.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
To my knowledge, it has not been suggested.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Promotes better Options for roleplay when dealing with infobreachs and other amnestic related issues.
- Actually promotes combining 939 and Amnesium to make Class-A, as atm Amnesium and 939 are just better Class-A.
- More incentivization to make Class-C, Class-D, and Class-E to be utilized for scenarios that might pop up.
- Less focus on just making Class-F, as you can make other things that can fill the gap that Class-F might need.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Possible complications with Class-G being added, but its hard to gauge.
- One More Chemical Combination

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
With this being all said, I am praying this will go through, as I feel the chemicals are really dumb at this time, and providing more utility in the form of making amnestics more broad, will just help roleplay, especially for things like ISD, Site Command, CI, and GOC.

Last edited:
Reactions: "Blobert"

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
+Support
Even if accepted though, we prolly wont see this for another 2 years. But its cool

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
my main issue is class-c being too accessible, very powerful amnestic that is very cheap, could cause some issues, not sure how you fix that while staying lore accurate, anyway +support
I think the logical one would be changing its recipe a bit maybe. Not sure though.

They can't make it have a shit conversion like AMX, as that would hurt making the other chemicals in the process.

Luckily I find Targeted memory wiping a bit worth it for the cheaper chemicals, although at the end of the day, anything could be abused.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
I really like the idea of varying the effects of the amnestics like this. It gives a lot of opportunity for RP for a bunch of different people. As it is, people do just use only 939, A, B (rarely), E, and F.

My only problem with this is the length of the shortest proper amnestic (A) under this is way too long. It would be useful to have one that's that long, but having a cheaper one that's properly made (in RP, we're told not to use 939 blood as it's unethical or something) and still just does 1 hour would be useful. I don't want it to become the norm that people get amnesticated for the full length of their multi-hour session in one go, otherwise it could cause problems in RP.
I see what your saying, they could possibly let you specify the doses perhaps? 50ml would be an hour and a half, 100ml would be 3 hours, etc etc?

Not sure how possible that is though. Personally, if you need some one to retain information inbetween the 6 hours, you can in rp prepare a dossier of information in which you have them read in RP. Don't know if thats just me though.

Reactions: Zen

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I think the logical one would be changing its recipe a bit maybe. Not sure though.

They can't make it have a shit conversion like AMX, as that would hurt making the other chemicals in the process.

Luckily I find Targeted memory wiping a bit worth it for the cheaper chemicals, although at the end of the day, anything could be abused.
Targeted memory wiping is just what class E does.
What if you just keep class E the same and make class C do the new effects of class E

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
Targeted memory wiping is just what class E does.
What if you just keep class E the same and make class C do the new effects of class E
I wouldn't mind this compromise, however I would prefer the lore accuracy to be honest.

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

If this was added=, in theory half of these would be limited to SC/SA due to their extensive effects

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
- Support

If this was added=, in theory half of these would be limited to SC/SA due to their extensive effects
instead of limiting them - how about more FLC charges for misuse of them?
Or if you cant do that, limit then to CL4 like how Class F/E is used. I mean you are a O5 member currently so i dont see why it would be impossible.

Also i swear half the amnestics are limited, anything above Class C is a infoleak last time i checked.

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
nstead of limiting them - how about more FLC charges for misuse of them?
Or if you cant do that, limit then to CL4 like how Class F/E is used. I mean you are a O5 member currently so i dont see why it would be impossible.
So accept a suggestion that forces SC to redo policies, seems a bit tedious

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
So accept a suggestion that forces SC to redo policies, seems a bit tedious
this is a little narrow-minded. imagine if nothing ever got accepted or done because it would create work for certain people

Reactions: Niox

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
this is a little narrow-minded. imagine if nothing ever got accepted or done because it would create work for certain people
There's no reason to change amnestics

This limits RP due to Class E being utilized more than anything at the moment

Doesn't explain where Amnesium will come from / New chemical routes that would need to be made to justify / make this new system make sense.

The only short term amnestics would now be SCP-939. this makes a 6 hour amnestic available to civilians through chemical cases on surface which again, makes no sense.

And the cherry on top is that we'd have to change all the FLC codex's related to amnestics

Seem's a little over the top to me

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

Doesn't explain where Amnesium will come from / New chemical routes that would need to be made to justify / make this new system make sense.

The only short term amnestics would now be SCP-939. this makes a 6 hour amnestic available to civilians through chemical cases on surface which again, makes no sense.

And the cherry on top is that we'd have to change all the FLC codex's related to amnestics

Seem's a little over the top to me
...could also just change the timescale of RP, since it's a little wacky right now

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
no reason to change like, anything in the server. most the stuff is fine and it gets updated
im not sure if im dumb (prob am) but i dont get this point. some elaboration would be nice for me

actually good point. i would assume they stay the same or just let content team decide, but it doesnt actually say

The only short term amnestics would now be SCP-939. this makes a 6 hour amnestic available to civilians through chemical cases
good point, i mentioned this myself above and it would be a actual issue imo. Class A could be keep the same, no reason to change it imo.
ALTHOUGH

available to civilians through chemical cases on surface which again, makes no sense.
amnestics have always been available to civlians which doesnt make any sense but it still happens.

if you cba adding to the FLC codex then just dont. there are already some FLC charges which are related to amnestics
View attachment 14284
you could just continue using these and not add anything

Past all that i still think its a good suggestion, but you do bring up some concerns

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
- Support

So Either we continue to have usless chemicals that promote little to no RP, or Site Command, that being I am Site Command, can do a little bit of work to help promote these chemicals for better RP?

I think its a bit obvious what needs to be done here.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
I want to comment, Chemical abuse will always be an issue, be it from a civilian who has 106 in his inventory to scavenging. Class-A and B are scavengable to help ensure people have a good supply of it in order to actually promote its usage.

Its more EFFECTIVE to scavenge then to sample 939 to make Class-A.

These changes are to help give each amnestic more use then "Hur Hur, 1 more hour coverage", which just... doesn't do much.

And I'm just pitching an idea, if Content team like some parts of this, and decide to change it. I welcome it. Anything in my opinion will be better then how its currently done.