Not open for further replies.

Tesla

Jun 2, 2023
Your in-game name: Andy Dick
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:160630619
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sprance/
Date of ban: Mon March 18th 2024
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: King (STEAM_0:0:593756967)
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Stay updated on current rules and read through ones relevant to RP situations I find myself in.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes

Why should you be unbanned:
So basically the reason I got an MRDM ban was that I was infiltrating the facility as MC&D to steal keycards and sell them to the CI, I got an O-1 Disguise and got nerve gas and an auger from AA. I was sitting on the catwalk thing above armory and like 10 O-1 and a 05 came up to me with their guns drawn and aimed at me but did not issue any orders. After trying to stay still for a second I jumped off the catwalk and threw a nerve gas into the group killing about 4 O-1 and the 05. First off I don't think that this was RDM in any capacity, I had a valid RP reason to kill them as I was a KOS GOI member infiltrating the facility currently disguised. As an MC&D I know that no one who gets caught infiltrating makes it out of the facility alive, and as per rule 1.1 if I or someone else on my team is in a life-threatening situation I have the right to defend myself, or the part about committing major offenses and being about to be arrested. The real problem about using AA on human life I was not privy to before the encounter, as common sense says that this is just a policy for the foundation, because why would I not use any means necessary to defend myself? At most a FailRP ban was warranted, for the breaking of rule 2.1, but even that seems odd to me since I am not a part of a military organization with a committee dedicated to the ethical treatment of human life. But to summarize, just because my kills may have been FailRP does not mean that it was RDM because as I've stated I did have an RP reason to kill those people and had not yet received any orders to maintain my position so I did not fear the loss of my life if I did move, they just came up and all started asking me why I wasn't doing my job and questions along that line. I have already served the time I would have received for a FailRP ban so I think I should be unbanned.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Stay updated on current rules and any changes (read rules regularly).

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Civil Networks is the only server I play on in Gmod. I main scientist and have some cross-tests I'm trying to get done. The only time I play MC&D is super late at night, or when a surface SCP/Surface war is going on and I can make some money, now I'm just trying to get my cross-tests done.

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
Appeal Denied

Hello, @Tesla!
Given your extensive warning/ban history I feel you should wait out your ban time. I understand it is quite difficult to read the wall of text that it our rules, however they are in place to keep rule abiding players from being unfairly punished. The best thing to do in any situation you may or may not be puzzled about is to simply consult with a staff member beforehand and get your answer firsthand. If you have any questions regarding rules currently, feel free to reach out to me at .Kore

Thank you,
Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.