Denied Applying for SCP

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalekIsWeird

Jan 28, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Add the ability to apply for SCPs you would otherwise have to pay real life money for.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?

I don’t believe anything similar was suggested before as I tried to browse just to confirm if my suggestion was a duplicate to avoid clogging the forums.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

- does not take away the money worth of donators
- expands the variety of gameplay opportunity for all players.
- gives a long term goal for free to play players
- incentivizes players to play for more longer sessions to grind out levels to unlock said SCPS filling up the server with active players.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- People might feel that their money worth is gone since the SCP isn’t locked away behind a pay wall.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Requiring SCP Levels + Total Levels and even total playtime maybe depending on how powerful or RP Knowledge demanding a SCP is. This does NOT render the donation useless or hurt those who donated. The reason being is if the levels requirement is insanely high and Grindy, there will be many people who donate to access the SCP still.

The people who donated probably were not that very high level requirement at the time of donation. Therefore for the loyal community members who grinded out a ton of levels to unlock these SCP applications this is an opening for people to play more with more variety in the long term by supporting the server in a way that isn’t outright donating currency.

The founding donators do get their money worth despite this change due to this aforementioned pre-requisite.

there is a point that the server needs money to run. That said the clear logical similarity the level of support between the example of someone dumping weeks or months of playtime to level up to 100 total level and 75 SCP just to play spaceman for example or someone working a 9-5 for 1 day to unlock it shows that both are supporting the server in unique ways.

This is to offer free-to-play users who play everyday and love the server a way to be rewarded by their absolute dedication with at least a hope to try out these SCPs that the developers spent probably tons of effort developing.

Last edited:

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
+/- support

server need to make money, but spaceman apps would go hard

MalekIsWeird

Jan 28, 2024
+/- support

server need to make money, but spaceman apps would go hard
Why can’t that be a pro of this suggestion?

The more people play to level up they will support the server in other ways by simply having a goal in mind. Just by being on and roleplaying, new players come along and donate even if that veteran doesn’t.

Playdoughzombie

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 17, 2022
Arizona
gayballs.gov
-Support
They won't accept this because of 2 reasons, 1. they need the money from people buying those roles and 2. it's not formatted correctly

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
Why can’t that be a pro of this suggestion?

The more people play to level up they will support the server in other ways by simply having a goal in mind. Just by being on and roleplaying, new players come along and donate even if that veteran doesn’t.

The servers are ridiculously expensive to run and CN has multiple servers. Plus they pay bounties to developers and pay salaries to NL who work on the server pretty much full time. A community this size doesn't run on air, and new players are going to come along anyway, and donate specifically for these perks, which they would not donate for if you could like apply for them lmfao

Also, everyone that has already donated to gain access to these scps, what are you gonna do, give like 500 people + a refund because you can now access them for free???

-support

MalekIsWeird

Jan 28, 2024
-Support
They won't accept this because of 2 reasons, 1. they need the money from people buying those roles and 2. it's not formatted correctly
The donation to instantly unlock these SCPS is not removed, rather an alternative free route that requires grinding is opened for free to play players to level up to eventually apply.

The format is fixed

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
The donation to instantly unlock these SCPS is not removed, rather an alternative free route that requires grinding is opened for free to play players to level up to eventually apply.

The format is fixed
hmm. i doubt that this would be done for every paywalled SCP, but i can see the merit in having SCPs with the route of both pay-to-get and apply-to-get. i do remember NL or someone at some point making a statement to the effect of wanting to have more whitelisted SCP jobs in the future.

i guess
+Tentative Support?
but i don't see it being accepted, as it would invariably interfere with the server's financial model

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @MalekIsWeird,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.