Partially Accepted balance JAF helis to ATR helis [please read before vote]

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

1. Fire Rate:
    • Slowing down the fire rate on helicopters like the CAIC and the Euro could impact gameplay better for ground keep in mind this is to match the nato helicopters.
    • Consider adjusting fire rates to maintain a balance between realistic and engaging gameplay.
    • the blackfoot fire rate should be left alone as they only have one of them but all helis than that should have a slower fire rate so ground targets dont get one taped bombed.
  2. Handling:
    • Ensuring handling across the natos counter part is fair
    • If the Euro’s handling matched the Viper, it would create a better experience.
    • Factors like responsiveness, stability, and maneuverability should be balanced compaired the two regiments possibly speak to both regiments in a meeting but make sure the helis fire rate and handleing is fair against ground targets.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
not that i know of

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[
  1. Anti-Air Balance:
    • Slowing down fire rates on helicopters like the CAIC and the Euro could enhance anti-air gameplay.
    • By reducing the rate of fire, helicopters won’t dominate the skies, allowing ground-based anti-air defenses a fighting chance.
    • This change prevents helicopters from bombing targets out of view distance too quickly.
  2. Ground Combat Balance:
    • Ensuring fairness in helicopter vs. ground combat is essential.
    • Adjusting handling characteristics, responsiveness, and stability can level the playing field.
    • Pilots should face challenges when engaging ground targets, promoting strategic gameplay. ]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. sadmin work load
  2. air regiments may not like that they cant destroy ground as easy as they do and changeing the waroutcome massively

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[While this change won’t completely fix helicopters, it could significantl impact gameplay for infantry and vehicle regiments, including the JAF/17thar/isaf/sas. Balancing helicopter mechanics ensures a fair and engaging experience across the board.]

also remove stratigic map from cc no one uses it and causes loads of lag or give it a use cant make another suggestion yet

Last edited:
Upvote -4
u know whats funny, like 20 other suggestions u made about "balancing" helis, if this wasnt literally just about how bad nato helis are and how good ussr helis are it would get supported (shocker right??)

if you wanna talk about actual balancing you would be talking about the actual issues that the flying regiments are worried about like for example climbing speed, the missile count on helis, the ka52 issue or the hitboxes (like how caics hitbox is way smaller than apaches or the LB which is self explanatory)

and then u start ranting about how ground always suffers from cas which i like dont even understand what ur on about.

https://streamable.com/yipig8?src=player-page-share

in this clip its you missing like 90% of your shots while the heli was hovering and as a natural and sane conclusion which any other human would have done you blame it on this specific helicopters fire rate.

both nato and ussr had/have AA arti gunners that were actually good and managed to kill enemy helis proving that its not the helis that need the nerf (which already are miserable to fly in) but the issue is in your regiment

it could significantl impact gameplay for infantry and vehicle regiments, including the JAF/17thar/isaf/sas.

i think this right here says everything else that needs to be said.

-support

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wib Wubbles

Jamal Dingle

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Group Moderator
May 14, 2022
- Support
Coming from someone who plays both jaf and 11th, heli's will always be "too powerful" because its up to the pilot. You give a good pilot a LB or KA50 they'll win dogfights and destroy vehicles. It's up to ATR/JAF to be training their pilots to counter enemy helicopters. Blindly flying into enemy territory then getting 1 tapped bc u were called out isnt "the heli being overpowered". It's a skill issue. It heli combat/cas goes entirely into the health of the regiment, not because the helicopters are broken. I'm not saying all helicopters are the same, but for the most part it goes down to the pilot + copilot. Also 11/17th have AA. They are more than enough to kill any helicopter before it even knows where you are. Once again, it just goes down to the skill of the gunner.

u know whats funny, like 20 other suggestions u made about "balancing" helis, if this wasnt literally just about how bad nato helis are and how good ussr helis are it would get supported (shocker right??)

if you wanna talk about actual balancing you would be talking about the actual issues that the flying regiments are worried about like for example climbing speed, the missile count on helis, the ka52 issue or the hitboxes (like how caics hitbox is way smaller than apaches or the LB which is self explanatory)

and then u start ranting about how ground always suffers from cas which i like dont even understand what ur on about.

https://streamable.com/yipig8?src=player-page-share

in this clip its you missing like 90% of your shots while the heli was hovering and as a natural and sane conclusion which any other human would have done you blame it on this specific helicopters fire rate.

both nato and ussr had/have AA arti gunners that were actually good and managed to kill enemy helis proving that its not the helis that need the nerf (which already are miserable to fly in) but the issue is in your regiment

i think this right here says everything else that needs to be said.

-support
We had a agreement on teamspeak where you admited helis are overpowerd i dont intend to handicap helis but just make them less effective against ground thats why we mentioned a trophy system also i have never seeb you in a arti sir so how would you know

Hi @Alpha rest, this has been suggested in the past.

Content team has taken the time to test the helicopters from both sides and their traditional equivalent is near enough identical to eachother. When I say traditional equivalent I mean Apache/CAIC, Viper/Euro etc etc.

The only unbalanced pair is the Little Bird and KA-52. With that, a NATO equivalent is in the works as previously mentioned the last time this was suggested.

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.