Balancing stationary A-As

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLogicHere

Jan 15, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This will specifically make stationary A-As (CIWS and Flaks) more effective and in some instances more balanced.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
First the CIWS is in its current form completely useless and that is because of one reason, range. The CIWS cannot shoot even a few hundred meters outside the base, which is ironic considering its a long range A-A defense system but i digress. My proposed changes to both the CIWS and Flak are as follows:

1. Increase the range on the CIWS time-fuzed shell ammunition to 0.45 seconds. This length is personally tested to be perfectly on the edge of the players view but if the helicopter is beyond the viewpoint it will not be able to be shot at. This makes the CIWS actually useful at not only base defense against Air infiltration ( It is ineffective because pilots can just go up high above the base and not be able to be shot down by the A-A ) but also shooting down helicopters close to the base ( That are in combat of course ).

2. This change is involving the Flak emplacements on Shacks hills and Observatory mountain. The complaints about the flak are that it is able to shoot at helicopters beyond the Players view via turning to the side and extending the players view then predicting where the heli will fly. Recently the flak on Observatory has been moved giving it less view over the battlefield only able to shoot down helicopters over Cabin and above it instead of it being able to shoot at Outpost, Some parts of Town and Cabin. But i see this putting a bandage on a wound that needs a tourniquet because it doesnt solve the underlining issue. Flaks are still able to shoot beyond the intended range, so i propose that we put the time-fuzed shells set to 0.45 seconds on the flaks as well. This will balance them out in a way that they are deadly if the aircraft is close by but useless if out of range. and since its stationary SWB/UAF will be able to shoot at it even if out of range because they can memorize its location while the A-A is helpless. Plus the Flak is slow to turn so its easily outmaneuvered and best used as a support weapon, IE shoot the enemy heli while they are dog fighting.

P.S. : Please move the flak on observatory back to its original spot if the changes are planned on being implemented.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Other then making the flak less effective i dont see any other negatives with the proposed changes. If anyone wants to correct me then please feel free to do so.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be approved because it improves the efficiency of the base defense CIWS but also lowering the effectiveness of the Flaks in a way that is balanced for SWB/UAF not to be shot down even if out of range of the A-A but also fun for any user to use it against aircraft that are close by.

Upvote 0

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
+Support

Getting shot almost in base was really dumb considering I was out of view. The range is really far and the damage of this gun is really strong, capable of shooting down a heli alone in a matter of seconds. Nerfing the range would definitely let people fly around safer around areas because basically the middle of the map is covered by flak guns and basically impossible to dog fight around.

Reactions: NoLogicHere

Xavier Jakov

May 23, 2022
-Neutral

Havent used them enough to know personally but have seen a few people go crazy using them so idk

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Considered

Hi @NoLogicHere , Your suggestion has been considered.

We will talk to both heli regiments, get their opinions and make a #change-vote thread in the discord.​

Status
Not open for further replies.