Ban Appeal (Already done the ban I want it off my record)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Apr 12, 2022
Your in-game name: ‘Ibby’
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:584927390
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199130120509/
Date of ban: 17th July 2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Death Threats | Micspam
Who banned you: ‘Lars’
Ban length?: 7 Days (I have done the ban just want it off my record)
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: The reason why I was banned was due to a biased ban. I was in the TS, when I was just showing off my soundboard and played this clip after a few sounds
. This clip wasn’t directed to anyone and everyone in the TS knew about it in fact the person who had got me banned had even started laughing at it but then whilst on TS I miscliked the X button a played a same clip in game. He knew it was a mistake so gave me a verbal for micspam and gagged me for 5 mins. During these 5 mins he had rdmd me in ci base and in chat I called him a minge (for rdming me in ci base) he then goes to say “oh I’m the minge? we’ll see about that.” And then brings ‘Lars’ to ban me for death threats and micspam. I get my micspam warning but death threats? No death threats were pointed at anyone and the people in the TS even knew as they screamed “omg were snitching on asian?” (Asian was my name prior to this) the tmod just says “yeah” and then laughs at me to when I asked him why did he get me banned. (He laughed at me in a mockingly way so I knew this ban wasn’t wi th the intention to give punishment but more so for calling him a minge.) Not only that when it happened the staff member who had banned me never asked for my side of the story and instead immediately banned me and I’m pretty sure he was never given any evidence of this happening as well which is a severe breach of the staff handbook as “witnesses” shouldn’t count even if it’s a staff member. More so a staff member who was biased. (I made this appeal late as I thought nothing of it and people would understand it wasn’t my fault which it did until I got kicked out of the e-11 regiment for this ban which is why I made it now)
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes I have
Why should you be unbanned: I feel like I was banned under with no evidence, a biased claim and unfair reason.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I’ve proven to friends and even commanders that I can be mature and stay on task.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b] Because this server is great, I love its people and I love the staff as well, all of them are such good people and not only that this server is good with its lore and gameplay it has a fair balance of combat and rp which is why I want to continue as an E-11.

NeoAltra

Jun 12, 2022
Hello Ibby, thanks for taking the time to make an appeal. I don't fully remember the whole thing, but from what I can remember, I asked the other staff if what you are doing was allowed, and from there I cannot remember much. You seem to be very professional, and understand the rules. I am sorry that I cannot remember the whole event, but I can try to get your ban appealed.

ibby

Apr 12, 2022
Hello Ibby, thanks for taking the time to make an appeal. I don't fully remember the whole thing, but from what I can remember, I asked the other staff if what you are doing was allowed, and from there I cannot remember much. You seem to be very professional, and understand the rules. I am sorry that I cannot remember the whole event, but I can try to get your ban appealed.
Thanks if you can try finding the staff member could you give me his name as I would like to make a complaint on him this was a serious violation of the staff handbook and seriously damaged me in game causing me to being kicked out of e-11 and staff members even disliking me.

Larry Hummer

Mar 31, 2022
Hell, Ohio
Greetings Ibby,
In regards to your ban: My personal opinion on this matter is that I have zero tolerance when it comes to death threats, and I believe that if you have a sound board like this that you should be more careful in handling it.
I was the one that issued the ban on behalf of Lars, and I will say that I take full responsibility for my actions and deeply apologize for not listening to your side of the story. I trusted that Lars had all the evidence and in my ignorance banned you unbeknownst to me that it was a different case.

ibby

Apr 12, 2022
Greetings Ibby,
In regards to your ban: My personal opinion on this matter is that I have zero tolerance when it comes to death threats, and I believe that if you have a sound board like this that you should be more careful in handling it.
I was the one that issued the ban on behalf of Lars, and I will say that I take full responsibility for my actions and deeply apologize for not listening to your side of the story. I trusted that Lars had all the evidence and in my ignorance banned you unbeknownst to me that it was a different case.
To reply to this. I am sorry that your trust was betrayed but I would like to say when this all went down I already had my punishment, my punishment was the gag for using a soundboard in game it was only until when I had called lars a minge in chat did this all unfold. I’m sure Lars has learnt not to do things like these in situations and I will not continue with a staff complaint as he is just a new moderator and still learning. Thank you for your co-operation.

Hound

May 9, 2022
Fort Irwin, California
Appeal Accepted

Hi @ibby ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

While it can be argued that you did deserve to receive a punishment harsher than a warning for this situation, I do believe the staff members responsible did make a few errors. I have spoken to both Larry and Neo and after hearing their reasoning, I have decided your appeal should be accepted and your ban removed from your record.

I will only add that you should not expect simply a warning for anything related to potential death threats or topics related, and I ask that you exercise much more caution in the future.

Please request an Admin+ in-game to remove the relevant punishment.​

Status
Not open for further replies.