Your in-game name: "Polar"
Your SteamID: 669687661577109505
Your steam community link:

Date of ban: 2/18/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Severe Toxicity
Who banned you: "Resolve"
Ban length?: 3 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will watch what I say and try to have a filter next time
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned: The reason for the ban in question was that I called a D-Class a monkey in D-Block. This D-Class happened to be a brute and therefore had a darker complexion. I didn't mean monkey in a racial way, I meant it in the sense that D-Class are literally in a cage and run around and shoot people, basically just being wild. However, I understand that people interpret things differently and in this case I can see why I may have been in the wrong.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will watch what I say and make sure not to call people names that can be interpreted as offensive/racist/whatever else.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
It is a fun server, I enjoy the people on it and the community in general, I have put a lot of hours into the server and like the premise of the roleplay.

"Resolve"

Dec 10, 2022
Hey there Polar, thank you for appealing.

As you said the ban is in regards to you calling a (Dark skinned) D-Class brute a monkey. The player that reported you took what you said in a offensive and hurtful way, this helped me make a decision as you directly affected someone. When issuing this ban I confirmed it with 3 other staff members two of which were SL. I gave this ban serious consideration and came to the conclusion that the remark even if it wasnt intentional was still unacceptable enough (and well known enough as a offensive remark) to issued this ban.

Sadly I no longer have access to the clip that was used as evidence in your sit (Althought to sum it up he ran up to the airlock and was info breaching and you responded by calling him a monkey multiple times).

I apologize I couldnt give more detail there isnt much to say about this situation

Again thank you for appealing, I hope you get a verdict soon.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Polar,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After reviewing the incident, I have decided that the ban was appropriate. Given that your ban will expire in two days, you can wait it out.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.