Ban Appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotched

Aug 22, 2022
Your in-game name: Bruce Wang
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:580729723
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199121725174
Date of ban:
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): 1678024369783.png
Who banned you: Jerry "taod" schmidt
Ban length?: a week
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Well I have not ever used a macro or script to stay afk, I just put my headset on my arrow key which isnt usin macro or script however, i will not attempt to "avoid" the afk system after this punishment, after all im just here to have fun
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? No
Why should you be unbanned: Well I just want to play the server and have fun the reason why i put my headset on my arrow keys is so that i can get intelligence agent I really has no intentions of breaking rules and i have done this multiple times and nobody has ever told me it was breaking rules if i put my headset on my arrow keys.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: By not doing what I have done and re read if there are rules about afk without non script or macro
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Yes I put lots of hours into it I want it not to be a waste, and im tryna get intelligence agent.

Last edited:

Toad.

Sep 25, 2022
AUS
Hello Bruce!

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal regarding this matter. For context, another staff member had seen you rotate completely over and over again whilst remaining stationary in researcher spawn. I had teleported over to said staff member and had observed such. After watching you rotate I had come to the conclusion that you were using something to abuse the AFK system which would fall under macro/script abuse. Although you might not have used a script/macro it was evident you were abusing the afk system which is what it would fall under. I switched your role to d-class and observed once more you doing the same thing, after failing to attempt to make contact with you I had to follow the guidelines and react accordingly. Evidence: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/Y88FT_pt5Rf2R/d1337pyuZvt2?invite=cr-MSxXRjcsNzc1ODM4Miw I understand you didn't have any ill-intentions and didn't realise about abusing the afk system, you will now need to wait for a verdict to be rendered by SL.

Kind Regards,
Toad

scotched

Aug 22, 2022
Hello Bruce!

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal regarding this matter. For context, another staff member had seen you rotate completely over and over again whilst remaining stationary in researcher spawn. I had teleported over to said staff member and had observed such. After watching you rotate I had come to the conclusion that you were using something to abuse the AFK system which would fall under macro/script abuse. Although you might not have used a script/macro it was evident you were abusing the afk system which is what it would fall under. I switched your role to d-class and observed once more you doing the same thing, after failing to attempt to make contact with you I had to follow the guidelines and react accordingly. Evidence: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/Y88FT_pt5Rf2R/d1337pyuZvt2?invite=cr-MSxXRjcsNzc1ODM4Miw I understand you didn't have any ill-intentions and didn't realise about abusing the afk system, you will now need to wait for a verdict to be rendered by SL.

Kind Regards,
Toad
Thank you for justifying because I had no idea that doing a certain thing to prevent being kicked out is a problem, I promise not to do this again in the future. I wish I would've known sooner, I'll make sure to re-read that part of the rules. Thank you

Jules

Donator
May 22, 2022
Pinewood Canada
mysttea.carrd.co
Appeal Accepted

Hi @scotched

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking into consideration of your situation I have decided to reduce your ban by 3 days.

While not exactly scripting it is in the same vein as it and we shouldn't be using methods to avoid the AFK system. Please remember this in the future.

Please read SCP-RP Rules before resuming playing on the server

Kind regards,

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.