1698760856402.png
Age19
In what country are you located?United Kingdom
Time ZoneBritish Summer Time
Foundation NameMTF Nu-7 CPL Billy Boy [HH-O]
Chaos NameCI-A Benjamin Daniels
Civilian NameCharlie Markers
Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:165918432
Discord IDoxi00 (ID: 867176043987075072)
Do you have a mic?✅ Yes.
What server are you applying for??? SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications✅ Yes.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?I have yes, I have received two warnings, I have not been banned or kicked.
  • Warning 1 - Backspawning (Tue Oct 3 / 2023)
    • Reason: The reason I received this warning was that I spawned as Nu-7 in the Foundation Entrance whilst Chaos Insurgency were raiding the facility & I killed one of them. I was taken to a sit, had it explained to me why it was disallowed and then given a warning.
    • Remediative Action: I went on to the SCP-RP rules and read them so I understood more about what was and was not acceptable on this server.
  • Warning 2 - Metagaming (Wed Oct 18 / 2023)
    • Reason: I was an Internal Affairs Agent and was running around the Entrance Zone looking for a specific Combat Medic, upon spotting them I ran over to them and handcuffed them, they then said it was RDA and I said we should take it to a sit as I did not believe it was.
    • Remediative Action: During the sit, it was explained to me that it was indeed metagaming, the staff member also took the time to explain the entire rule to me and how I could have made that same situation work but have it in a roleplay-friendly way.
1698088773322.png
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?I do, my most recent staff experience was on in a semi-serious PoliceRP server for a year and a half (averaging around 40-60 players when I was there) in which I progressed through their ranks to the rank of Senior Admin. I have also had experience in multiple other servers ranging in game modes: TTT, DarkRP, SCP-RP (semi-serious server), and StarwarsRP (semi-serious server).

I do however think it is notable that I have not had any experience in staffing a Garry's Mod server recently as I had to cut back to deal with college & university. However, I do believe I still retain the skills from my previous staffing experience.
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?I do not have experience with staffing on serious roleplay, no. However, as stated in the above question I have had a range of experience in semi-serious environments and I do believe that I would still perform well as a staff member in a serious-roleplay environment.
How many hours can you be on everyday?I am unsure of how many hours I could contribute on a day-to-day basis as I work and have university, so my schedule shifts pretty often, however on a weekly basis I would be able to give at least 10-20 hours.
Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?I would like to become a moderator on Civil Networks as I have put in a decent amount of time into the server as I enjoy playing it, and I don't currently have the budget to be spending money on a donation rank, so this is basically my way of giving back to the community for giving me something to do after work.

During my time playing the server, I have had a decent amount of interactions with the staff team, and almost all of my interactions with the staff team have turned out positively and the situation can be resolved.

I've seen the way that CivilNetworks treats the player base and the staff team, allowing for a more fluid form of roleplay, where the staff attempt to keep out of the way as much as possible and not interrupt the gameplay for other players and I quite like it, unlike other servers where you'll see a Combine with a rainbow Physics Gun flying through all the walls in the place.

I believe that I can keep myself calm in situations in which people are not the happiest with me, I have experience with this through Internal Affairs on CN and through my previous staffing experience.
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?I believe that I would be able to assist the team in dealing with more sits quicker than you would with some other trial moderators who need to go through a "training" phase, While I understand I would go through the same thing I already know all the fundamental skills required to function in the staff team as I have experience using ULX, handling sits, knowing when to escalate sits to another staff member / higher staff member and it would simply be a case of onboarding me into your team and making me aware of the specific policies in place for staff that may need my attention and I'd be ready to crack on with the job.

I believe that this would be helpful, as I also enjoy mentoring so once I have managed to gain enough standing within the staff team I would hope to progress to such a role where in I could train other staff members and guide them through the basics of the job.

Appendix
EDIT (23/10/23 @ 20:42): Updated the playtime screenshots to reflect my current playtime.
EDIT (31/10/23 @ 14:01): Updated the playtime screenshots to reflect my current playtime.
EDIT (01/11/23 @ 21:14): Updated playtime as I was told that VTime was unreliable and it was correct. Going by the Achievements, I have 8d playtime instead of 6d.
EDIT (01/11/23 @ 22:15): Updated the formatting of the Playtime Question & Appendix Section.

Last edited:

Sean Hanson

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Oct 15, 2022
+Support
looks like mine. thats why i love it
trustworty. Guy

goodluck with it

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
+Support
AMAZING FORMATTING, LET THEM COOK!

Ashton

Jun 3, 2022
Wales, United Kingdom
+Support
I have seen Billy a handful of times and I have never had a bad interaction seems like they would be a good fit for the staff team.

Good Luck!

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Hey @Billy Boy

Thanks for taking the time to make a Staff application.

-Support

-2 active warnings this months shows lack og rule knowledge
- No interaction i can recall

+Application looks good.
+vtime

I think you should wait a little bit longer.

I wish you the best of luck.
Greetings,
Holland

Nonky

Donator
Jun 15, 2023
Hi!
Thank you for applying to be a member of the staff team. Today, I'll be giving you a neutral for the following reasons:

-Good VTime
-Few meaningful interactions
-Two active warns
-Good, well structured application.

As I don't have enough interactions with you, I cannot determine if you are suitable for the position, however those active warns are concerning. I think you should, at the very least, allow the oldest one to expire first.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards,
Nonky

Pengu

Jan 15, 2023
-Support.
Gotta agree with Holland on this one you seem to lack rule knowledge
No interactions

+Good application

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
Hi Billy,

I'll be giving you a +Support

We've had great interactions, and you are well-versed in the rules, and you are very active. You are also a Nu-7 LT now. I think you'd be a great member of staff.

Good luck.
As grateful as I am for this glowing recommendation, I do believe you are referring to @Mark “Billy” Bob, he's the LT in Nu-7. I am the Corporal.

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
Hey Billy,

I will be giving a
-/+ Support for the following reasons

- Active warnings show low knowledge of rules

+ Good application
+ Good vtime
+ Polite and professional

Last edited:

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
- You have been mingy with Nu-7 recently to the point I had to join the TS and speak to the reg as a whole to ask you all to stop random killing with the swords. I am aware it was not just you but you were involved and it's not something you'd expect from someone who is going for staff
I'd love to discuss this a bit more over TS or somewhere, as I've not been playing on Nu-7 recently and wouldn't have been involved in that situation. I've been playing on Internal Affairs for the last while.

Possible it was someone else with a similar name in Nu-7?

Last edited:

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
I'd love to discuss this a bit more over TS or somewhere, as I've not been playing on Nu-7 recently and wouldn't have been involved in that situation. I've been playing on Internal Affairs for the last while.

Possible it was someone else with a similar name in Nu-7?
After reclarifying with my screenshots of the logs I have made a mistake, it was a different Nu-7 Billy that was involved and I sincerely apologise. I have amended my support and wish you the best of luck.

Foxatron

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Billy Boy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a complaint.

The reason that I have chosen to deny this application is because your recent warnings concern me, I would take some more time to improve reputation.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks.

Kind regards,
Resources Supervisor​

Status
Not open for further replies.