Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
Your in-game name: Derek "Warhead" Canada / "Bohemia"

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:165261959

Your steam community link:
Date of blacklist: 04/02/23

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?: Sharing a distasteful audio clip allegedly said by a high-ranking individual of Civil Gamers during an SL/NL meeting.

Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now): None.

Please list any alt accounts: STEAM_0:0:495972962 < Unused for 2 years

Who blacklisted you? (if known): NL/Cloak/Ventz (I have no real idea besides this)

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: After reflection on this incident, I can see the highly damaging effect it could've had on NL and Civil Networks’ reputation as a whole. While it may be hard to believe, this genuinely was not my intention. I would NEVER want to cause any harm to Civil Gamers and will conduct myself that way in the present and the future. It was a poor attempt at a joke that was made with no thought towards the reputation of Civil Gamers and I sincerely apologize for my actions. In the event I am unblacklisted, I can assure you that an incident similar to this will never occur again. Should I decide to fully leave the community at any point in the future, I assure you I will do it with grace and dignity.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?

Severe Toxicity - 3 Days - First few days on the server, hasn't happened again and never will.

Maybe 3 warns, not sure

Why should you be unblacklisted: I have truly realized the impact and ramifications of my actions. During this incident, I had not thought of the possible effect it could have on the reputation of the network. I can assure you that as stated above, I would NEVER maliciously cause harm towards the reputation of this network and the health of the servers overall. An example could be my work as the relations officer of A-1. During my tenure, I did everything I could in my power to maintain relations with various departments and MTFs, namely O-1. Amid the recent tensions between O5 and Ethics before my resignation, I would hold meetings with O-1’s command team to at least keep a resemblance of relations due to Site Command’s actions. I hope that you can trust me when I say, my recent actions do not represent me and my attitude in the slightest in the present and the future. My intent was not to reveal a 'conspiracy' or to spread any hysteria, rather it was to make a 'joke', if you could call it that. I could not nor am I trying to make any excuse for my acts. My actions were deplorable and I do not condone them. I hope you accept my apology. I am sorry.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Continue as I had before this incident; follow the rules. I had known the rules through and through prior to this incident and still do. Looking back on my actions, I can say with certainty that this is not and has never been my style. If you are concerned about my previous attitude, I promise I have been working on my mindset towards various areas over the past ~2 weeks. I will put much more foresight into my actions going into the future and will make sure to watch myself and put the network first when it comes to situations like this.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I do genuinely miss the passive gameplay of the server. This network is the only place where I’ve spent any meaningful time on GMod. I miss the feeling of moving through the chain of command and the unique scenarios the network brings. I truly regret my actions and throwing away the experiences I’ve had for a cheap joke that only held any value as shock humor. These servers are truly some of the better areas that GMod has to offer, with unmatched quality. I do hope that I am welcomed back with open arms.

At the end of the day, I am sorry for my childish and downright stupid actions. I’d like it to be known that I hold no grudge or biases against NL. I hope you allow me back into the community.

P.S. I would like to request this is at least considered for my full community blacklist (Discords, TS3) as well. This is due to the fact they were enacted at the same time and were for the same reason as this in-game blacklist, as well that it has already been 2 weeks, which I would assume would've been the time if it wasn't a full blacklist. Thank you!
Here's my discord ID if you do decide to lift all my blacklists: 268158751918391299

Last edited:

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Einhardt "Bohemia" Zimmel ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Albeit I do believe your intentions were not good and the fact you've stated otherwise is pretty bleak. Your actions that day really damaged your reputation and could've put the community at risk. In the forseeable future I wish for you to remain level headed and adhere to our server rules, that including not threatening the integrity of the community itself. I do believe my blacklist was harsh and a means of prevention from yourself, that is why I will be reducing your blacklist to a month ban. Your ban on our other platforms outside of game services will be lifted immediately, Please allow a few days for your bans to be alleviated. I hope you find resolve and reflect on your actions.

Thanks,
Winkie​

Status
Not open for further replies.