Denied Breach votes great again

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Increase breach votes timer from 0.5 to a more reasonable number like 1 minute.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably. This is to increase breach vote timer since, as of whenever breach vote timer were tweaked, I believe some of the SCPs considered "issues" like the new reality benders and all that, are somewhat more balanced than what they were before

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It makes breach votes have more of an impact, and since people gets so many (XK only gets 9, meaning they can only reduce the timer to 4.5 minutes if they use all of their breach votes. From there breach votes makes less of an impact the more non-VIP players there are and most sell them anyway for free money). Also would incentivize people to strive for VIP if they want more breach votes on their hands, especially if they like breaches.

Gives SCPs more incentive to stay on the job longer if it means potential breach votes/thus making them more available for testing, sampling, or otherwise. Also reduces complaining of 8 hr breach queues which are, imo, way too damn long for a single person with a life to waste on.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

-If CI cooks too much in a single day with MTF/DEA not able to stop them I can see why some people might think the breaches may be too much.
-People will complain of a lack of RP and that this is a breach server etc.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There is no incentive to really use breach votes atm because of how insanely small any of them change the timer. It would all be dependant on a few XK VIP players, most of who like to sell rather than use breach votes, understandably. Breach votes is something players can control, and I don't think that it should've been neutered to half a minute since I find that the server can be EXTREMELY boring at times.

Breach votes overall are seen as useless these days because of the extremely long queue timers, especially after restarts. They should have more impact, preferably back to 1 minute. Nobody really finds them all too impactful either.

this is the primary appeal of the server that is faltering in quality
...just behind consistent research roleplay, at least on the US server.

Funny how a shorter queue would seem to imply more active SCPs, and therefore more chances for research roleplay, but also have the effect of making breaches more frequent, which proportionally increases the tendency for some breaches to halt roleplay side-wide.

I'm not against this change, just unconfident that it will inherently benefit both sides on both servers. Balance is key.

...just behind consistent research roleplay, at least on the US server.

Funny how a shorter queue would seem to imply more active SCPs, and therefore more chances for research roleplay, but also have the effect of making breaches more frequent, which proportionally increases the tendency for some breaches to halt roleplay side-wide.

I'm not against this change, just unconfident that it will inherently benefit both sides on both servers. Balance is key.
this is a fundamental misunderstanding of what i've written and arguing against a point i'm not really making -

it's literally in the title on server listing to appeal to new players, "breach queue". now look at that situation from a new player's perspective - they join, wanna do breach gameplay, figure out how to get on an SCP - and see that the next breach is in a couple hours. and again, i see a lot of that frustration in ooc, every so often someone is complaining about the length of the breach queue. that's what i'm saying will be... maybe somewhat alleviated by this change.

additionally, researchers can test during C5s (outside of areas that are experiencing the breach) unless orders have otherwise been given to halt testing, at least on UK.

i see a lot of that frustration in ooc, every so often someone is complaining about the length of the breach queue. that's what i'm saying will be... maybe somewhat alleviated by this change.
fundamental misunderstanding of what i've written and arguing against a point i'm not really making
Breaches are a major gameplay component to the server - but not the only one, and not the most important. Above all else, the game mode of the server is SCP RP. Nobody wants to wait in the queue for hours but nobody wants to wait in the metaphorical research queue for hours, where circumstances have to just right for everything to go smoothly, especially during extensive tests that meaningfully expand server RP.

I get what you're saying about new players complaining about long queue times, but that's not the only aspect nor party you have to consider. The incentive is that you get to massacre a bunch of people after being stuck in a cell for a few hours. Should we placate to new players based on the few who join just to breach or the likely majority who want to experience everything else? Only players who look at the breach queue timer and are willing to accept the time tradeoff are rewarded.

additionally, researchers can test during C5s (outside of areas that are experiencing the breach) unless orders have otherwise been given to halt testing, at least on UK.
Again, consider the states both servers. Breaches escape HCZ all the time on US, but I won't compare US and UK departments because I have no say.

Breaches are a major gameplay component to the server - but not the only one, and not the most important. Above all else, the game mode of the server is SCP RP. Nobody wants to wait in the queue for hours but nobody wants to wait in the metaphorical research queue for hours, where circumstances have to just right for everything to go smoothly, especially during extensive tests that meaningfully expand server RP.

I get what you're saying about new players complaining about long queue times, but that's not the only aspect nor party you have to consider. The incentive is that you get to massacre a bunch of people after being stuck in a cell for a few hours. Should we placate to new players based on the few who join just to breach or the likely majority who want to experience everything else? Only players who look at the breach queue timer and are willing to accept the time tradeoff are rewarded.
and again, everyone's also acting like the votes being 1 minute again is going to equate to breaches every few seconds. this feels exaggerated

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
and again, everyone's also acting like the votes being 1 minute again is going to equate to breaches every few seconds. this feels exaggerated
No, but I feel like with how often breaches are right now, anything that increases how often they are right now is not going to be good for RP.

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
- support as for RP there have been countless times now where Reaserchers try and do big tests and it gets interupted by a breach. If its increased research will not rlly have a place again.
As someone who experienced that for about 5 months it was almost constant breaches. like 10-20 mins of down time between them. its not exaggerated. at the moment it is fine as it is and looking at the maths. If everyone had XK Vip on the server (Unlikely I know but bear with me) They could reduce the breach queue by 9.6 hours so that is 9 hours and 36 minutes. if that is upped to one minute it doubles. Breach votes are fine they happen regularly enough but not to the point where they are the only things that happen on the server

these aren't that recent - also, idk how things are on US side, but UK side, we have a nu-7 that is in the process of rebuilding and recovering to become a better, stronger regiment, which should ideally push back against CI raid attempts, which in turn will correspond to less breaches by CI - and therefore less breaches overall of SCPs.

additionally, E-11 is presently the strongest regiment on UK and is still always seeking to improve on itself, which will also combat breach frequency (a good amount of recent breaches have been contained to HCZ)

i often see a lot of frustration regarding SCP breaching from a lot of people that want to breach as SCPs, who see the queue and ultimately become disinterested. SCPs have basically become either only for getting chems from or otherwise only to be flagged onto when someone is in a position to break one out.

this is the primary appeal of the server that is faltering in quality. will breach votes being 1 minute solve all of that? no. but it'll certainly help

imo - in isolation, breach votes being 1 minute will not increase the frequency of breaches enough to be concerning.
On US E-11 is shit and Nu-7 is the strongest regiment

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
On US E-11 is shit and Nu-7 is the strongest regiment
It seems like for things like this to work well and be balanced, both E-11 and Nu-7 need to be active and doing well. On UK we've had issues with Nu-7's activity and the like, though it is increasing, but E-11 has been consistently very active and doing well. Sounds like on the USA server it is the other way around.

May 30, 2023
-Support
Standard breaches occur on average every 2-3 hours with the current breach votes. This also doesn't include breaches caused by D-Class or Chaos Insurgency. There was a reason why breaches had a hard nerf half a year ago because it was simply ridiculous. Even now it can be hard at times for the server to have proper RP because of breaches. This just wont improve server RP and may actually harm it.

Reactions: Zen

DnxCalifornia

Nov 29, 2023
+Support
I believe that most of the breaches that happen are affected by several factors like:
-Does any of the SCPS that breached have breach tools? Do they know how to use it?
-Are any of the SCPS that breached high level/have a understanding/knowledge of how breaching works and using it to their advantage?
-What SCPS breached containment? Seeing how some SCPS are able to break strong doors and are incredibly better than others.

I have seen people die in minutes and not even use their breach tools. I don't think it would be the end of the world if the breach votes reduced 30 seconds more, people have around 1 to 5 breach votes to use if they aren't the highest donator rank. Some people may see this bad because of how strong SCPS like type green and 8837 are.

Breach votes will be far more useful and people will less likely be willing to sell them since you actually get something to do, seeing how a breach happens every 2 hours or more.

Ci raids happen every 45 minutes and thats if they even have a CO online to authorize it in the US, the only people who are really in their way is E-11 if they even get past lcz against A-1,O-1,NU7,DEA,GSD, combat medics. D-class can barely get out of d-block to hack scps if there isn't a good riot, type blue or few gensec online to defend plus the factor that E-11 can call out hacking.

Another factor is people taking up breach slots to passive breach instead of asking for it before breaching, this can be really annoying to people who wait hours to breach because most of the SCPS that passive breach also have breach tools that go unused.

SCPS like 079, 106 and 096 can be recontained in minutes if they don't have any assistance like other SCPS defending them, d-class refusing to test, CI killing the people who try to recontain them, a 096 picture in a hard to reach spot. The only reason people hate 096 is because of how each time you pick a scrambles you have to wait another 5 minutes if you die.

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
+Support
I believe that most of the breaches that happen are affected by several factors like:
-Does any of the SCPS that breached have breach tools? Do they know how to use it?
-Are any of the SCPS that breached high level/have a understanding/knowledge of how breaching works and using it to their advantage?
-What SCPS breached containment? Seeing how some SCPS are able to break strong doors and are incredibly better than others.

I have seen people die in minutes and not even use their breach tools. I don't think it would be the end of the world if the breach votes reduced 30 seconds more, people have around 1 to 5 breach votes to use if they aren't the highest donator rank. Some people may see this bad because of how strong SCPS like type green and 8837 are.

Breach votes will be far more useful and people will less likely be willing to sell them since you actually get something to do, seeing how a breach happens every 2 hours or more.

Ci raids happen every 45 minutes and thats if they even have a CO online to authorize it in the US, the only people who are really in their way is E-11 if they even get past lcz against A-1,O-1,NU7,DEA,GSD, combat medics. D-class can barely get out of d-block to hack scps if there isn't a good riot, type blue or few gensec online to defend plus the factor that E-11 can call out hacking.

Another factor is people taking up breach slots to passive breach instead of asking for it before breaching, this can be really annoying to people who wait hours to breach because most of the SCPS that passive breach also have breach tools that go unused.

SCPS like 079, 106 and 096 can be recontained in minutes if they don't have any assistance like other SCPS defending them, d-class refusing to test, CI killing the people who try to recontain them, a 096 picture in a hard to reach spot. The only reason people hate 096 is because of how each time you pick a scrambles you have to wait another 5 minutes if you die.
I still think breach votes are good as they are rn if half of the player base have XK or are staff and yes them that can result in a total reduction of 9 hours in the breach queue which is a lot and makes those breaches happen sooner because of that. Breach votes shouldn’t be better because someone died in minutes on SCPs imo as we need to factor in the rp for reaserchers. Speaking as e-11 from way back when if a breach lasted 45 mins the. Ci raid and breach something that lasts another 30-45 mins then a natural breach could follow it and so on and so forth it happened commonly on uk around this time last year

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Holymilk,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

There is far too much going on in the server right now. CI Raids, DBlock Riots, and SCP breaches all get their time in the limelight, and adding more of them will kill any semblance of RP that exists here.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Sad
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.