bring back darkrp petition

i would love to see cg get back, but someone said they are working on a new server or something?
idk if cg will ever come back but this post in particular showed me that bringing darkrp back wouldn't be such a bad idea and it would actually be a good one, i can see many people wanting to play on darkrp if one that it gets back

but its always up to @Hydro i guess, we would love to hear an answer from you so we would have something to talk about or even if your answer is a no. then it would be good to hear that too so we wouldn't waste our time in this post.
@Reco love your new glasses , we can talk about the
meth part
later on my dm's
I'm speaking on my own behalf here - not on the behalf of the community or Network Leadership.

I personally can't see a future in which DarkRP plays a big part of Civil Networks. It's a really development-heavy gamemode and unfortunately there's not a great deal we can do to stand out from the crowd. Our energy is better focused creating new unique, memorable gameplay experiences.

Who knows though?

Reactions: Lee Falzone

MasterPasha

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 6, 2021
I'm speaking on my own behalf here - not on the behalf of the community or Network Leadership.

I personally can't see a future in which DarkRP plays a big part of Civil Networks. It's a really development-heavy gamemode and unfortunately there's not a great deal we can do to stand out from the crowd. Our energy is better focused creating new unique, memorable gameplay experiences.

Who knows though?
You dont see a future because you killed the server perhaps?
I dont know
Who knows though!

XThomas

Aug 21, 2022
US
I like the idea, But i feel more effort should be focused on the servers that are doing well know to keep the player base steady. Dont get me wrong i love darkRP.

Troy 'Grapes' Ivanov

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 24, 2021
greetings. im one of the old players of the darkrp server i used to play there with my team of 10 people and that server was one of the best in all of gmod and we've never been able to find a good server that comes anywhere close to cg darkrp. if anyone agrees with me please support this thread in anyway u can so maybe the owners of cg will consider running it again and giving it another chance
CivilCity RP is similar enough to the old darkrp with some Major Different (map idk)

Dec 25, 2020

Who knows though?
Maybe you are right..
i've heard that you guys are working on a SWRP? if its true then i would love to hear more about it cause im always up for star wars stuff.

Jun 30, 2022
Norway
-SUPPORT
Even though DarkRp was nostalgic back in the old days of CG, It wouldn't be productive to reopen it again because it may be popular for a short term but will quickly die again, And there's also many problems with the gamemode itself. ,It's very outdated and most DarkRp servers are just clones of each other, and secondly there's a lot of things that can be abused in the gamemode to gain a unfair advantage, It's also not a serious gamemode and it's usually filled with rule breakers as well as questionable rp situations, Some Rp'ers may be serious i don't disregard that, But the gamemode itself isn't intended for serious roleplay.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020
-SUPPORT
Even though DarkRp was nostalgic back in the old days of CG, It wouldn't be productive to reopen it again because it may be popular for a short term but will quickly die again, And there's also many problems with the gamemode itself. ,It's very outdated and most DarkRp servers are just clones of each other, and secondly there's a lot of things that can be abused in the gamemode to gain a unfair advantage, It's also not a serious gamemode and it's usually filled with minges, Some Rp'ers may be serious i don't disregard that, But the gamemode itself isn't intended for serious roleplay.
not everyone is looking for a serious rp gamemode.

Dec 25, 2020
Serbia
I know but personally i wouldn't say DarkRp even goes under Semi-Serious from my past experiences with the gamemode, A Semi Serious HL2RP would be fun though :)
Whether it's Serious or Semi-Serious doesn't matter, as Civil Gamers (or Civil Networks now) doesn't market itself as a Serious/Semi-Serious community. What made DarkRP so special is the fact that it was not as serious, because if you were looking for more serious roleplay you could've gone to CityRP.

Reactions: Basilisk