Broda Kagen Director of Research Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2022
Steam ID: 76561198009576931
Discord name: Brokage#3416
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Coming up to 6 weeks.
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Broda Kagen
Civilian name: Nathaniel Croft
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive Researcher UK
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- None
Why are you applying for Director of Research?
- I feel the Research Department needs a more hands on approach with pushing forward the departments stories and RP scenarios. With the server gaining new GMs and doing some fantastic events, Its a priority of mine to push for non-combative events and deep dive research when necessary. I also strive to raise the quality standards that is delivered by the entire Department of Research, not just the upper echelons. Finally, I am mainly applying to develop ease of access to learning for all current and future Researchers by developing with a good friend a portal to visit OOCly and ICly to self-train themselves if no one is around to do so. An information hub is also vital, especially for a department focused on Research and being the literal cement to the Foundation.
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
- My self driven determination to better myself and others gives me the suitability to being the Director for Research. By creating RTF "Pathfinder" Sigma-1 it has allowed myself and others to develop a narrative to push for future events and a more hands on interactive role for the Research department. My innovation and ideas are purely for the benefit of the departments progress so all can have fun whilst researching and writing up documentation. Examples of my work are as follows:
Sigma-1 Portal:
WIP DOR Portal:
Sigma-1's First Project:
Sigma-1 Mission Statement:

By utilizing tools to better develop the Department, this adds on to my suitability to being a Research Director. Forging relationships with other departments and people for enabling fluidity of co-operation and cohesion with the Code of Ethics and any violations made by new researchers to reform and rehabilitate offenders rather than throw the book at those struggling to learn constantly. Being a Research Director is not just a leading role, but a teaching position like the Executive role I have gained tremendous experience within.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
- As aforementioned, A Director of Research must guide the narrative for the department and enable those around him to also do the same. Individual and group work must be uplifted by the Director to create quality and fun RP for all involved. Being a Director is not just for the "power" and "prestige", it is a role model position for others to look up to in terms of quality and how the department is also viewed outside of the Research personnel. Liaising with the O5 Council and the Ethics committee on a daily basis to ensure cohesion is met so CoE and CoC is followed to the letter. Being a Research Director also entrusts you with the responsibility of teaching all members of staff, even executives, to be their best possible self, which also leads on to interviewing potential Executives and pushing the overall departmental quality above and beyond previous Ethic review expectations. Most importantly, it is the responsibility of the Director, and this goes for any department or senior role, to be mature and respectful to all those around you, even if they are not reciprocating.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Broda Kagen Bio: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aFmkB3AErFtR-FxqLyGwK1Efv9mp9SDXBoDdaYuSK7k/edit?usp=sharing

----
Broda Kagen whilst serving as an Executive Researcher, created RTF "Pathfinder" Sigma-1 to enable the department to be more hands on with higher quality researchers to produce the best documentation possible for the department. During his tenure as Executive, he has hosted a multitude of lectures to inform and teach those who are unsure about their daily roles and testing procedures. This has taken place across both sites. Moving on into the future, Broda Kagen seeks to interact with the other departments more and enable additional resources to be put at their disposal from Foundation R&D. His current Project, which is spearhead by Sigma-1, is the attempt at pack bonding an SCP-966 infant at birth to an MTF Unit. As this story develops with his colleagues, he intends to get as many departments as possible involved to drive Site-65's story further and enable us to produce the best quality roleplay we can all enjoy.

Furthermore, cross testing SCPs with each other is a priority for Broda as there is potential for ground-breaking research and RP to take place on this server. Whilst SCP lore is rich and vast, we have the ability to drive our own story and those around us, which is a major focus for applying to this position. As such, pushing narrative and driving individual and group character development is key and the stories we make along the way sets in stone Site-65 Lore for many fun times to come.

• Love
Reactions: cawmrade and Yeke
+support.
This will be the easiest and most deserved +support I have ever given to an application.
Broda is by far the most active, eager, professional and patient member of the Research Department. Broda takes the time to educate and train new researchers with the same amount of passion he puts into his own studies, and is always on hand to lend assistance to whoever needs it, as well as producing superb projects of his own.

He is an exemplar of what a roleplayer should be, and is absolutely ideal for the role. It is well overdue.

Reactions: Yeke

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
+SUPPORT
Broda is a extremely dedicated individual who puts research first and places the onus on himself as an exec to train and make the DoR better, even going as far to spend countless hours he could be testing himself.

I spend a lot of my time as Dpt dir of IA speaking with broda, he cares about the DoR so much that i think he spends more time in interrogation trying to improve researchers than outright punishing them (unless they deserve it), I have seen mingy researchers turn into good researchers under his care, as such I feel he will improve the Department greatly, alongside his activity, he will become a figurehead for the department and also assist Dr Hamster in his endeavours.

texmex2506

Mar 16, 2022
Denmark
+Support
+ Mature
+ Active
+ Experienced
+ Rationally-thinking
+ A good leader
+ Pleasant to be around!

The right lad for the job, I wish you the best!

Massive +Support

I can easily say Broda is one of the most dedicated members of the Research Department. It has been a pleasure working with him as an Executive Researcher where he has tirelessly worked to improve the department by training new members, disciplining/rehabilitating unruly researchers, and contributing great ideas like the addition of Sigma-1. Broda's roleplay capabilities are exemplary and he frequently is able to encourage others to engage in interesting roleplay scenarios.

He would make a great Director of Research and I would be more than happy to work alongside him.

Deleted member 1291

Application Accepted

Hello @Broda Kagen

Thank you for taking your time to make a role application.

Your application has been accepted. Please contact the Site Director so you can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Reactions: cawmrade
Status
Not open for further replies.