Accepted Broom/Cleaning SWEP

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
- What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a broom SWEP. Whether custom made by the developers, or by using this broom SWEP that's already on the workshop. For a brief showcase of this broom, watch this clip which I took personally to make sure it works. In short, it will clean decals and you can customize how fast it'll do so. It also has sounds and effects. There are some reports that people may occasionally not see the effects server-sided. If you add a custom SWEP, you could even add Support XP for cleaning each decal.

This broom can be obtained from dispensers with a 5 minute cooldown and a Level - 1 keycard

- Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

- Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+
Roleplay Opportunities
From Site Staff getting extra stuff to do and D-Class being able to actually clean with something tangible in their hands, this gives more immersive roleplay opportunities.

+ Decal cleaning
With the ability to clean decals, this gives people using the broom something meaningful to do with it. It can also help clean the site up a bit and even reduce lag from excessive decals.

- Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- I really can't think of any, sorry.

- Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I feel like this is only a positive addition. It's small, but gives more opportunities for smaller scale roleplay that people may want to do. It cleans Decals, gives D-Class and Site Staff something tangible to clean with around the site, is only 0.1 megabytes in size, and is very simple to implement if you use the pre-made SWEP I mentioned above.

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
+Support

You could also make a breach swep/weapon that helps wash walls for SCP-173 and make it drinkable too.

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
+Support
-Idea increases roleplay and gives pupose to janitor work permits for D Class
-Suggestion has high chances to branch out into key factors to server being added

ShadowPL

Jul 20, 2022
+Support
Good for Roleplaying and you actually don't need PAC 3 for it

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+Support
I enjoy the idea of it, but realistically man a janitor role (with a broom swep) has been denied twice already 1 & 2. This being that stated by cloak himself
"Bullet and bloodside decals are fully clientside, meaning two players will not necessarily see the same decals in-game. A janitor could be cleaning blood stains that only they see, or getting told to clean blood up by a CL4 member of staff that they're unable to see themselves." Thus making me doubt this will get accepted, but obviously if there was a work around it would be nice.

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
If you read the comments on the addon u posted, people have said it doesn't work reliably. Similar suggestions for janitorial department and other things have been suggested in the past and denied.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
If you read the comments on the addon u posted, people have said it doesn't work reliably. Similar suggestions for janitorial department and other things have been suggested in the past and denied.
+Support
I enjoy the idea of it, but realistically man a janitor role (with a broom swep) has been denied twice already 1 & 2. This being that stated by cloak himself
"Bullet and bloodside decals are fully clientside, meaning two players will not necessarily see the same decals in-game. A janitor could be cleaning blood stains that only they see, or getting told to clean blood up by a CL4 member of staff that they're unable to see themselves." Thus making me doubt this will get accepted, but obviously if there was a work around it would be nice.

This isnt necessarily for a Janitor Department or role. Its just to add a SWEP in the dispenser that gives D-Class and Site Staff something physical to handle and clean with, even if the actual decal removal function of it isnt 100% reliable. Its a harmless addition, and can still provide more immersion and purpose for janitorial D-Class specifically.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
This isnt necessarily for a Janitor Department or role. Its just to add a SWEP in the dispenser that gives D-Class and Site Staff something physical to handle and clean with, even if the actual decal removal function of it isnt 100% reliable. Its a harmless addition, and can still provide more immersion and purpose for janitorial D-Class specifically.
I understand, but it has already been stated not to work. As well why would the content team add a broom swep that does not do anything, I like it but it seems pointless and just like another addon people have to worry about.

Reactions: KaptianCore

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Frostbyte,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.