Denied buff printers

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Either changes;
1. The cost to spawn a printer
2. The amount printed per second

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

i havent checked 🤷‍♂️

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gets more people to actually use printers
You dont have to wait hours to make your money back
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Slight inflation

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Yeah so im pretty sure everyone knows printers are outright terrible, they cost alot and are generally ineffective.
On surface its hard to find a safe enough spot where people wont find you while your tryna make money, This isn't really a map issue but rather overly curious players wandering into "empty" buildings.

Another reason why they are terrible is because they are affected by ping (idk the proper word but its like ticks in minecraft) on UK at around 7-9 theres alot of ping, people usually average around 100-200 and lots of these

1715713947444.png (the red spikes are "bad ticks"while the blue means its fine)

For example I was printing for around 25minutes and I got this:

1715714005125.png

£800. £800. Thats roughly a fifth of what it takes to break even with both printers costing £3,500
Thats absolutely insane. If i were to break even i would need to print for roughly 2 hours and thats during high pop.
During low pop I assume its much easier (less ping and stuff) but 2 hours just to make £3,500 is ridiculous. PLEASE BUFF THEM!!

Feb 22, 2024
[NOTE]:

Now that the event is over im seeing less "red spikes" and the printers are printing way faster, but are still not at the given rate. While it may be a purely lag related issue it would be nice to still see a buff in some way

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @fyzar ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe it wouldn't be beneficial for RP to buff printers significantly as there are more RP friendly ways to make money. Additionally the low output of printers is a bug and limited by the tickrate of the server. Unfortunately this is something not easily fixed or changed.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.