Accepted Buff SCP-409

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Change SCP-409 to be able to spread the infection by every instance again. But much rather nerf the instances. Additionally make it possible to carry the virus for breaches by mining a chunk with a special item that is locked behind Cl4 in the dispenser and R&D personnel to not get infected by the chunk.

Buffs:
-Instance will remain alive longer
-Every Instance will be able to spread the infection

Nerfs:
-Instance will be much slower, basically to the point of walking
-Instances should have obvious infectious signs that make it easy to point out
-Instances will only be able to infect past a certain point and can be spotted before gaining the ability to infect others
-Instances stay alive much longer, to balance out the suggested nerfed movement speed.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I am unaware.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-SCP 409 will gain more activity
-More likely to be a raid target of CI

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Mass breaches, can be negated through higher clearance for SCP 409

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
SCP 409 died off when it was first nerfed. I don't want SCP 409 to be a SCP 008 copy but I feel like it should be buffed back to what it used to be. I don't want it to be overpowered for obvious reasons but i want it to cause fair damage when breached. SCP 409 i am fairly certain can't even leave HCZ without dying before spreading to another person, meanwhilst the other person cannot carry the infection to anyone else deeming the SCP nearly worthless of a threat.

I will change the suggestion based on feedback
upvote!.PNG

Last edited:

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
In my time on the server, I've never seen an actual 409 breach in person. Like twice ever, a Code 3 has been called because of it and somebody has called out it's active, and I think both times nobody ever even found the person making the cracking noises because they died on their own before anyone could find them. It's currently basically unbreachable, and given how short lived it is, it's probably very difficult to do cross-tests with it, which is really the only theoretically interesting thing to do with it right now.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
it's currently a non-issue and you rarely see a 409-related C3. seeing more of those would be nice, obviously without significant negative impact to server health

Reactions: Zen

JustADutch

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
+Support

Addition idea: Maybe make it possible to mine a chunk or remove a small crystal what can be used like 008 to infect people (may be to op then)

Reactions: Jam

CourageousNico

Aug 11, 2023
+Major Support
-As an E-11 myself SCP-008 breaches are automatic Code Blacks and Nukes and they aren't fun to try to combat and attempt to contain, with SCP-409 it's containable and doesn't spread as easily and is easier and more fun to attempt to contain and would be training for when SCP-008 breaches since SCP-409 breaches are basically SCP-008 just with less health.

CourageousNico

Aug 11, 2023
+Support

Addition idea: Maybe make it possible to mine a chunk or remove a small crystal what can be used like 008 to infect people (may be to op then)
Agreed and to add to this the pickaxe/drill to mine a chunk of SCP-409 should be clearance level 4 in dispensers to prevent minges from breaching it, and obviously, you would require a hazmat. With this SCP-409 would probably be added to the same ruleset as SCP-008 but maybe with a smaller cooldown time if the buff gets accepted.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+Support

Agreed and to add to this the pickaxe/drill to mine a chunk of SCP-409 should be clearance level 4 in dispensers to prevent minges from breaching it, and obviously, you would require a hazmat. With this SCP-409 would probably be added to the same ruleset as SCP-008 but maybe with a smaller cooldown time if the buff gets accepted.
totally agree to this. CL4+ item for mining it seems fair. I added it to the suggestion with a special condition that R&D/Biohazards have to carry it otherwise it'll spread onto them.

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @Jam ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We will be accepting this, but we will be having a discussion about it in our content chats as we will have to work somethings out before we do this. If you have nay questions feel free to DM me on discord

Kind Regards,
Derek White

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.