Cain Morris Ethics Committee Assistant Application, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:702727365
Discord name: cainmorris0
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have played on CG SCP 355 hours now.
In what country are you located?: I am located in Ireland
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Cain "IrishMann" Morris is my name.
Civilian name: My civilian name is "Cian Morris"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): I am applying for the UK server.
Do you have a mic?: Yes I do have a mic.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: I currently hold no MTF or CI roles when it comes to being whitelisted.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: RDM for killing someone who was trying to kill me on civilian, FAILRP for putting on mask as researcher, Minor glitching for turning of one turbine as 079 when I thought I breached and Banned for it, FAILRP for checking ID right after code 1 so I wasn't aloud to.
-
What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?: Although because of my warns and ban I can be professional, very professional in fact, I also have seen what the gensec have been doing lately and would like to stop them from not giving warnings to d-class before terminating them, I can be a helpful, calm, reliant, resilient and proud person and I would definitely show these traits while an Ethics Committee Assistant, IA have also been acting up a bit when it comes to arresting people and from what I have seen the Ambassadors and Department Directors are unaware of this issue so I would like to make sure IA stay in line, I also seen the amount of info breaches about the O-5 Committee and SCP 008 recently when a gensec cadet found out the O-5's names and discovered 008 and therefore proceeded to info breach all of these things I would like to stop the info from going around and people from knowing about these certain things, I could also just be help around site for say a cadet is new to site and needs some knowledge of the appropriate things like how site works the layout of the site I could give them the information that they need and are aloud to know.
-
What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?: Making sure everyone applies to the foundation legal codex, dealing with any department that may be violating the foundation legal codex, signing documents if there are no Ethics Committee Members or executive researchers or Director of Researcher on site for Senior researchers, ordering O-1 to do something if requested or required, investigating any department that may be violating foundation legal codex.
-
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in: When I was a teenager experting in engineering I got into a car crash outside of what looked like a military facility, a man in a white gilly suit brought me inside the facility and brought me to a medical centre inside the facility and they patched me all up, they thought of throwing me out back to the surface but the man who brought me inside of the facility vouched for me and said I may prove of use to them, I then went to an interview with a man, and I was from there assigned the job of an engineer and from that day on I worked for the facility and quickly climbed the ranks from engineer to tech expert, tech expert to gensec cadet, and all the way up to gensec officer but then I saw a ruthless cadet kill a d-class without warnings this then just flipped something in me so I turned to the Internal Affairs Department and swore to arrest anyone who was being so unethical and giving d-class no warnings and doing anything else they shouldn't, but then I saw the Ethics Committee and an opportunity...

- / = Neutral Support
Hello Cain, I will be giving you a - / = Neutral Support for the following reasons:

- You lack quite a lot of previous positions/experience in most fields required to meet the standards of an Ethics Committee Assistant
- I have seen you on a few times, good interactions nun too special however maturity needs improvement.
- Application lacks quite a lot of detail, especially for the role of ECA, applications usually need to demonstrate a more polished standard/more detailed standard.
Apart from that, it would be great if you could list a screenshot of your vTime & warnings so we could see them properly. But apart from that I wish you the best of luck.

Aug 27, 2023
- / = Neutral Support
Hello Cain, I will be giving you a - / = Neutral Support for the following reasons:

- You lack quite a lot of previous positions/experience in most fields required to meet the standards of an Ethics Committee Assistant
- I have seen you on a few times, good interactions nun too special however maturity needs improvement.
- Application lacks quite a lot of detail, especially for the role of ECA, applications usually need to demonstrate a more polished standard/more detailed standard.
Apart from that, it would be great if you could list a screenshot of your vTime & warnings so we could see them properly. But apart from that I wish you the best of luck.
thanks a lot skinner

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
Hi @Cain "Decay" ,

I would like to leave my opinion here, and tell you, I would recommend you go for misc CL4 captain, executive, ambassador etc... Then maybe you should come and apply for assistant after you have gained expirance.

I would also say work on your maturity & professionalism before thinking to apply

Based on the above, I will be leaving a -Support.

Jimmy Special

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Sep 1, 2023
Hi @Cain "Decay" ,

I would like to leave my opinion here, and tell you, I would recommend you go for misc CL4 captain, executive, ambassador etc... Then maybe you should come and apply for assistant after you have gained expirance.

I would also say work on your maturity & professionalism before thinking to apply

Based on the above, I will be leaving a -Support.
I would like to further add on to blues opinion.

I think u lack experience, Are imature and Unprofessional but finally ur app could be better.
This could be improved by doing minor things for example: Reading the server rules, Taking the server a bit more serious, Taking more time writing ur application, And Finallly find a genuine enjoyment in a department or MTF and sticking with it.

After consideration, I will be leaving a -Support on ur application.

New Email Received

>> Open

Attached: Position Request Results

A Letter from the Ethics Committee
1702481730309.png
Good Day Mr Morris,

The Ethics Committee would like to thank you for your interest in becoming an assistant to the Committee. We can see you have the initiative, drive and ambition to make such a bold request. Becoming an assistant to the Committee requires dedication and hard work, something we see in you.

After deliberating with the Committee regarding your request, we have come to a unanimous agreement. This request has been denied . You may seek elaboration by reaching out to an Ethic Committee Member. We feel that there are certain aspects missing from your application or curriculum vitae that would bolster a better standing and result in this request. The Committee does not want any upset or offence from this result, you may re-apply in no less than two weeks time.

Have a lovely day,
Regards,
Ethics Chairman Oisín McKenna

Status
Not open for further replies.