Not open for further replies.

'Cano'

Jan 1, 2023
England
Your in-game name: Cano
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11623547
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/jayfella/
Date of ban: 01/09/23
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): NITRP, FAILRP, RDM
Who banned you: Viper
Ban length?: 1day

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCPRPUK

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I believe the ban was unfair, but I understand why it happened.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes. Warned

Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because the Person who reported me, 'Blue' said that I had NITRP, I saw blue shooting an ambassador, so I had to quickly think and I shot blue to prevent him from killing the Internal Affairs Ambassador. When I was brought to the sit I thought they was talking about a different story in D-block, after I was shown the clip I tried to explain why I killed blue, but the Admin, Viper said that I'm getting banned for other warnings, and also because my story changed after i was shown the clip, I was just trying to save the ambassador, which I did end up doing. It's also not like I lost anything either, as I lost a $30,000 gun, "Freedom SR" after I killed Blue as I was next to the ambassador with it in my inventory, I thought I might've been breaking the rules after I killed blue, but I choked it up as me saving the ambassador, defending the ambassador. I can assure you, it won't happen again. If it helps, not sure why it would but the Ambassador did survive. I'd also like to say that I think NITRP is too far, I was literally roleplaying by wanting to defend the Ambassador and keep him alive, I just saw a tech expert shooting an ambassador, and shot him before He could kill him, It was also not targeted, as I did not know the name of the tech expert before shooting him.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I come on this server to have fun, Yes I break the rules sometimes but I think to have fun you need to break the rules a little bit, real fun, not roleplaying all the time as if the foundation is a real thing, I think you need to break character sometimes and just stop being so serious. but I also think that this situation was not so serious for a ban. I was just trying to protect the ambassador.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:

I want to rejoin the server because well, as stated before I come on this gmod server to have fun. I will try not to break the rules again and read the rules. I just want to have a fun time like everyone else. I also just want the ban removed from my record, if possible, as it makes me look worse than I really am. I have also re-read the rules.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-01 114613.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-01 114613.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 13

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
Hello @'Cano',
First of all I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal. Second I am only replying since I took a big part of this.

Now the reason which I called a sit on you is that you had broke "fail RP" and you did that by killing me as a non-Combatative. And it was not self defence as I did not shoot at you. It would be valid if I shot at you not at a nother guy. Second. I also concluded that you had also broke "NITRP". As less than 1 hour prior you had been jailed for also fail rp. After we confrunted you about it in a sit room.. You first said something then changed the story.

Thats all I have to say. Have a good day.

Last edited:

'Cano'

Jan 1, 2023
England
Hello @'Cano',
First of all I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal. Second I am only replying since I took a big part of this.

Now the reason which I called a sit on you is that you had broke "fail RP" and you did that by killing me as a non-Combatative. And it was not self defence as I did not shoot at you. Second. I also concluded that you had also broke "NITRP". As less than 1 hour prior you had been jailed for also fail rp. After we confrunted you about it in a sit room.. You first said something then changed the story.

Thats all I have to say. Have a good day.
Hi Blue,

I never said or mentioned if it was self defence or not, also your conclusion of NITRP was wrong, the previous hour I got warned for failrp, because I moved when someone had a gun out at me, After that warn I was roleplaying, and then we skip past to when this situation happened, Also, i'm reiterating this AGAIN, I thought you was talking about when we was in D-block and you had your gun out on the stairs, I changed the story because I saw the clip and realised it was not about what I was talking about, but something else, Also, it's not like I knew as I started speaking before I was shown the clip, I couldn't of known what it was about until I was shown the clip, hence why I was talking about something else.

Have a nice day :)

KingViper115

May 2, 2023
hello

not to be rude but you pulled weapon as non-combative (tech expert) and you kept on lying during sit before i pulled the clip on you as proof, after that you showed no apologetic sign towards either the person that reported you or me.

'Cano'

Jan 1, 2023
England
hello

not to be rude but you pulled weapon as non-combative (tech expert) and you kept on lying during sit before i pulled the clip on you as proof, after that you showed no apologetic sign towards either the person that reported you or me.
Hello, first, grammar?

Also, as stated MANY times, I was not lying, please actually read my appeal, I though you was talking about something else, I wasn't lying like you have stated, I was simply misunderstanding the situation. Also, I don't think sympathy has anything to do with this? I'm entitled to my own opinion, and I don't see how me not being apologetic proves anything? Please think what you write before writing random things.

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi Cano,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After reviewing the ban appeal I chose to accept the appeal and will remove the ban from your account. I have decided to do this as I believe the "RDM" part of the ban and the "NITRP" aspects are invalid. In accordance to 1.1 (RDM) the first instance of a valid RP reason to kill someone is if yourself or someone else is in a hostile situation. Due to the Ambassador being "someone else" and "in a hostile situation" you killing the aggressor is valid.

However, the FailRP is still valid. This is because despite you saving the Ambassadors life you were a tech expert (non-combative) engaging in combat which you are not directly involved in. (Directly meaning you were shot or shot at in accordance to 4.4).

The ban will be removed from your warns list and a failRP warn put in place. I apologise for the late response.

Critical​

Status
Not open for further replies.