Accepted Capture the Flag

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Remove capture the flag gamemode
- Change it to occur less frequently, conquest is more superior

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
- Idk

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Positives:
- No more Capture the Flag

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Some people like it I guess

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Alot people can agree that capture the flag is really boring gamemode

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Apr 11, 2021
I am going to add even more reasons why it should be removed:

- It fucks up the FOB placements if for an example there is one point neutralized (You can place an FOB there without breaking rules) and a Capture The Flag happens it assigns that capture point to the team that did not have an FOB there in the first place and now the team that did not even have an FOB there can just steal it and the other team that originally built it cannot do anything about it.

- You cannot enter a vehicle without dropping the flag. Snipers can just wait outside the base of the flag taker one shot them without any protection. Yes you can return to base with multiple people but still it is very hard. It is easy for a sniper to spot the flag taker as well because of the glow.

- Sometimes the other team has their opponent's flag closer to their base than their own flag and opponent's base which makes it easier for them and unfair for the opponent since flag taker has to travel further.

- Nobody just don't like it, even though the flaws that I mentioned would get fixed/reworked everyone would still prefer Attrition or Conquest since you can actually capture the points. Nobody cares about the outcome of Capture the Flag since you don't really advance or anything.

- Not really a reason but a suggestion: Remove CTF and replace it with Kill Confirmed mode where after killing the opponent you need to pickup their tag that got dropped when they died for it to count as a kill. I know its straight out of Call of Duty.

Jorge

Jul 16, 2023
I am going to add even more reasons why it should be removed:

- It fucks up the FOB placements if for an example there is one point neutralized (You can place an FOB there without breaking rules) and a Capture The Flag happens it assigns that capture point to the team that did not have an FOB there in the first place and now the team that did not even have an FOB there can just steal it and the other team that originally built it cannot do anything about it.

- You cannot enter a vehicle without dropping the flag. Snipers can just wait outside the base of the flag taker one shot them without any protection. Yes you can return to base with multiple people but still it is very hard. It is easy for a sniper to spot the flag taker as well because of the glow.

- Sometimes the other team has their opponent's flag closer to their base than their own flag and opponent's base which makes it easier for them and unfair for the opponent since flag taker has to travel further.

- Nobody just don't like it, even though the flaws that I mentioned would get fixed/reworked everyone would still prefer Attrition or Conquest since you can actually capture the points. Nobody cares about the outcome of Capture the Flag since you don't really advance or anything.

- Not really a reason but a suggestion: Remove CTF and replace it with Kill Confirmed mode where after killing the opponent you need to pickup their tag that got dropped when they died for it to count as a kill. I know its straight out of Call of Duty.
There was a kill confirm mode age ago but it was genuine aids

Jul 10, 2021
Neutral

CTF can be fun, it can be aids
currently, it's stupid and unbalanced. Why even keep a gamemode in the game right now that gives the outnumbered team no bonuses?

Conquest gives a cap multiplier to the outnumbered team,
Attrition works off skill, not numbers (mainly),
CTF/S&D like.. what? There's nothing.

Ideally, all the game modes should be enjoyable even when playing 10 : 25, though this is an optimistic idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.