Denied Change disease cure requirements

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adjust the recipes used in cures to make them easier to make. Most require advanced chemicals, SCP samples, or are tedious to craft (spin). This means that most people that get sick get EST instead of taking a chemical cure because it's far easier to do that and use up your one-a-life revive rather than craft the cure.
In particular:
A) Remove any SCP samples required
B) Remove any surface chemicals required
C) Keep cures cheap so people would use the chemical rather than EST

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
People would actually bother to make and stock cures (chem fridge in medbay when)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
idk

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
see above

Rito Munro Fraser

May 14, 2023
Denmark
+/- Neutral
While it is a bit tedious to make medicine currently, I believe it would be better if the Director of Research, External Affairs, and Medical, instead make plans to cooperate in order to make the medicine instead.
It's a great opportunity for RP, but right now nobody is making use of it.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
-Support
The only change I support is less centrifuge recipes because the centrifuge is annoying af

Most of the chemicals are actually pretty easy to obtain imo & if you really don't wanna go spend a few minutes getting them, just buy them. The surface chems required to make the cures are some of the most common drops from chem crates & 409 isn't exactly hard to obtain(Or expensive to buy).

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+Support (partially)
I believe the cures should be multi-step high yield with no surface scavenging, however should include some sort of samples, whether it is crystaline blood, o- blood, human blood or any other sampled chemical. The low-yield centrifuge recipes which require scavenged chems make these medicines super obnoxious to make, especially since they should be chems nearly anyone in the medical department should be able to make without changing their job to civilian to scavenge.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Hello, I will be moving this to denied as I'm already working on changing the recipes to be more accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.