Rule Suggestion Change the Interrogation Rules

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Modifies the rule 2.4 (c) so that the three /roll questions can only be asked to CL4+ members after a continuous roleplay window of interrogation/torture after 5 minutes.

DEA/MTF/GOC/CI have control over another faction's prisoner within their own base and have the power to delegate interrogation or negotiations. During interrogation they may ask 3 questions; for each question asked an interrogator and the prisoner being interrogated must /roll 100 and the interrogator must use /me to describe the interrogation method. If the interrogator rolls higher the prisoner must tell the truth. If the prisoner rolls higher they may say whatever they wish as long as it does not break server rules.
  • No codewords/phrases allowed.
  • Interrogators may not ask the same question more than once, while they are following this rule.
  • After the 3 questions are asked, with the use of /roll, the interrogation may continue as normal and within the confines of RP.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nope.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Adds Roleplay to Interrogations / actual torture RP
Extends interrogations

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Prolongs interrogations for people?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This would allow for interrogations (at least for Clearance 4 people) to actually be roleplayed. Ever since the 3 roll questions were introduced, the interrogations fell off in all factions, everyone resorts to just "I ask these questions" and interrogations are over. Back then it used to be way more original and it had to be roleplayed out, way before the interrogations. And since Clearance 4 are basically roleplay leaders they should at least get some effort of being questioned. 5 Minutes of effort is not too much asked.
Also Clearance 4 usually have valuable information, so why shouldn't it be worth the effort to torture it out of them.
upvotefinal.png

Monker

Aug 11, 2022
-support some people can be weird with /mes and I aint want to do 5 minutes of weird torture rp

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
2. Some people just aren't comfortable with torture RP, and that's not something we should force on people.

I get how it can be annoying to go through when that's the kinda RP you want, but some people just don't. You can still do your ( /me does thing) but someone shouldn't be forced to take part in it if they aren't comfortable/okay with it. The rolls are a good middle ground to where both sides can still somewhat RP it.
i dont know how to explain it at all, but this is a bad point.
why? because i disagree with it

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
I'm just gonna drop this here, without responding directly to people

Back in the day, where you didn't just answer 3 questions and that's it for interrogations, this whole interrogating/torturing wasn't an issue at all, no one bothered and everyone rolled with it. Obviously some petty outsiders of that generalization exist, but that's in every case a possibility. This really was never a question of "Serious RP", the fact you enter a room and /roll questions is not roleplay at all, you can twist that however you want.

Just to mention, getting an actual answer back then wasn't taken for granted either, it was something you had to kind of negotiate for by offering the hostage a good deal, which in a interrogation is exactly what is meant to happen, obviously that's also a bit different when it comes to torture.

This is merely a question of a standard of the server, because this certainly was a normal occurance back in the day, no idea how this server moved to this stage to completely throw the roleplay out of the window in a quite literal sense.

Reactions: Rushi and Niox

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I'm just gonna drop this here, without responding directly to people

Back in the day, where you didn't just answer 3 questions and that's it for interrogations, this whole interrogating/torturing wasn't an issue at all, no one bothered and everyone rolled with it. Obviously some petty outsiders of that generalization exist, but that's in every case a possibility. This really was never a question of "Serious RP", the fact you enter a room and /roll questions is not roleplay at all, you can twist that however you want.

Just to mention, getting an actual answer back then wasn't taken for granted either, it was something you had to kind of negotiate for by offering the hostage a good deal, which in a interrogation is exactly what is meant to happen, obviously that's also a bit different when it comes to torture.

This is merely a question of a standard of the server, because this certainly was a normal occurance back in the day, no idea how this server moved to this stage to completely throw the roleplay out of the window in a quite literal sense.
although im not a old person like jam, this is really well fucking put.
It puts stakes to it, makes it fun and entertaining, and actually develops your character in RP, like where your breaking point is.
Of course you dont guarantee correct answers anymore, but is that a bad thing? Having to constantly push people to the point where they just have to give up to info for you to stop.

as jam said the only issue would be people who just dont go with this type of RP (some nu7/ci or something who thinks hes the main character and doesnt give up any info) and regiments making it a punishment if you give up info.
Alas, this is quite a rant, but still would love to see this type of RP.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
although im not a old person like jam, this is really well fucking put.
It puts stakes to it, makes it fun and entertaining, and actually develops your character in RP, like where your breaking point is.
Of course you dont guarantee correct answers anymore, but is that a bad thing? Having to constantly push people to the point where they just have to give up to info for you to stop.

as jam said the only issue would be people who just dont go with this type of RP (some nu7/ci or something who thinks hes the main character and doesnt give up any info) and regiments making it a punishment if you give up info.
Alas, this is quite a rant, but still would love to see this type of RP.
why not just immediately give them the info but in such a ridiculous and absurd way that they don't believe that's the real info so they interrogate & torture you anyway despite you having given real info

very funny screw with CI moment

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
why not just immediately give them the info but in such a ridiculous and absurd way that they don't believe that's the real info so they interrogate & torture you anyway despite you having given real info
then L

Shinan

Jan 24, 2024
+ support
Was kidnapped by CI and they asked me the same question 3 times even after I won the Lie roll just to get the right answer (which is kinda metagaming because in reality, they'd have to believe the lie)
And enchanced interrogation shouldn't be something a CL3 should be able to autherize. I think CL4 should be able to do enhanced interrogation and approve of CL3 to do it if they ask for approval.

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
+ support
Was kidnapped by CI and they asked me the same question 3 times even after I won the Lie roll just to get the right answer (which is kinda metagaming because in reality, they'd have to believe the lie)
And enchanced interrogation shouldn't be something a CL3 should be able to autherize. I think CL4 should be able to do enhanced interrogation and approve of CL3 to do it if they ask for approval.
2.4(c) Interrogation Rules:
  • Interrogators may not ask the same question more than once, while they are following this rule.
Take them to a sit next time

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
-SUPPORT

Although the torture RP and actual roleplay interrogations sounds like a lot of fun, it goes against the flow of the game, as oftentimes when we kidnap people and try interrogating them they need to leave. Mandating 5 minutes of roleplay isn't beneficial for either party, and the rules are fair as is right now.

You can extend the roleplay all you want with torture and chemicals and whatever, but forcing that upon players isn't fun, nor is it necessary.

Mayuri

Mar 17, 2023
- support
good idea but like Kevin Ki said it's not something you want to enforce because people might not comfortable with it. Also I can see people abusing this rule to be annoying.

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Jam,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We have decided to deny your suggestion, as we feel this rule does not need to be changed at this time.

Mercer

• Sad
Reactions: Niox
Status
Not open for further replies.