Denied Change the sounds of the infection testing kit

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes the sound of the infection checker from the TE-5 sounds to either the fieldkit sound or the kant counter sound.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Less confusion and panic when someone is just checking for illness
More "new" to the new feature

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nerf to people wanting to hack out SCPs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The infection testing kit is making me going crazy, MTFs will be scrambled just to learn that it's some doctor messing around with the infection testing kit. It makes no sense for the testing kit to have the same sounds as the TE-5, and I believe it would be better if it was changed.

Last edited:

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Hello @Skittles, when making suggestions like these, provide suggestions about sounds that you think would be good in order to replace the current one we have.

As simple stating "Change this sound to something else" and not providing anything else does not help at all. Thank you.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Hello @Skittles, when making suggestions like these, provide suggestions about sounds that you think would be good in order to replace the current one we have.

As simple stating "Change this sound to something else" and not providing anything else does not help at all. Thank you.
Hello,

I apologize for not suggesting a sound to use, I've been meaning to make the suggestion for a couple days and kept forgetting so I made it promptly while it was on my mind.

For now, I would guess something like the fieldkit sound or the sounds from the kant counter. These two don't trigger a reaction that makes us think "we must run to where it is now or we will have a breach".

I've updated my original post to reflect this.

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
if the sound isn't the groan from "its Wednesday my dudes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" I will riot

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Skittles,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The reason why it makes the same sound differs from what you think.
The reason is that the TE-5 is loud and easy to identify even tho it shouldn't really be that way.
You do not always need to instantly identify the sound from the TE-5 but rather investigate if it really is the TE-5 and not just a medic.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.