Partially Accepted Checkpoint Charlie Quality of life improvements.

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A few changes bundled into one revolving around CPC. (Unsure if USA use the same term UK does)

1. The addition of a monitor on the control room that let's you see a camera on the outside of checkpoint charlie so you can make a more informed decision that you aren't opening a door when an SCP is right outside, Here perhaps.

2. A change to sound proof or some form of intercom that allows people inside CPC to talk to those in the waiting area to enter PW.

3. With the addition of this it could be considered to add a scranton within this room to check for intruders (There are other places within facility that could use a device like this)

4. Lastly. Replacing the door into CPC with a glass one. Similar to one at medical as nobody seems to be looking through the window and will just barge in to try and open it despite being manned.

5. Adding a sign near the CPC door on both sides that can be toggled to say that Checkpoint Charlie is "Occupied" or "Manned". Would be a similar switch to the tesla/Lockdown switches that just lights up a sign or changes the text.
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not these changes specifically.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More safety for site personnel
Can ID people without having to hug the wall and type.
Assisting in location callouts?
CPC Will actually stay manned (Probably).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Harms SCP's one way into PW if PW BD is closed.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

CPC is a crucial part of PW during a code 5 and code 1. These changes will assist it in being less of a pain for people to enter and exit. as well as making it more secure and gives the internal affairs manning it something to do (Camera watching is surprisingly fun when there's a breach outside of the room) therefore increasing the likelyhood it will stay manned.

Edited: added suggestion 5.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023
1. The addition of a monitor on the control room that let's you see a camera on the outside of checkpoint charlie so you can make a more informed decision that you aren't opening a door when an SCP is right outside, Here perhaps.
-/+ Neutral the thing with stuff like monitors for cameras is that they are not performant and it is generally a bad idea to add them if they don't really need to be. i see the use case and it would be helpful, it'd make sense, but i imagine this will be denied on the basis of it being too much of a perfomance cost on already struggling servers
2. A change to sound proof or some form of intercom that allows people inside CPC to talk to those in the waiting area to enter PW.
+Support
3. With the addition of this it could be considered to add a scranton within this room to check for intruders (There are other places within facility that could use a device like this)
-/+ Neutral i like the idea, but i believe it would nerf CI too hard? not sure. i don't see it being accepted.
4. Lastly. Replacing the door into CPC with a glass one. Similar to one at medical as nobody seems to be looking through the window and will just barge in to try and open it despite being manned.
+Support
5. Adding a sign near the CPC door on both sides that can be toggled to say that Checkpoint Charlie is "Occupied" or "Manned". Would be a similar switch to the tesla/Lockdown switches that just lights up a sign or changes the text.
-Support yes, this is possible in the same way that the 096 sensors work, but this is ultimately too much map work for something that can otherwise be reasonably accomplished with the prior glass door thing.

Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+massive support
All great ideas part from I feel number 5 is a little un needed but works out for people trying to get to PW from the non-operatable side of CC which nobody is ever manning unless bulkheads close or the code is coordinated ex: but wanting to cut through cc to pw is always something i check for so seeing that if there's somebody there or not would be a pleasant time saver but apart from that i feel they should just do a small rework to getting through CC from said side.

yes

yes (i would love to taunt foundation on the other side)

no + why? Literally no reason for this out of here of all places. Also CI nerf so nuh uh
yes

yes, but sounds like work for something minor

+Support (With some changes)

Edwin

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Merrick Travolta ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

All but number 3 have been accepted this is because this would be too powerful against reality benders.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.