SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a chemical that is either
Sampled from TG/A/B
Sampled from 8837
Sampled from D-classTB/CI-TB
Created from chemicals from the two mentioned SCP's/people.

What does this chemical do?

It will have two effects.

1. When used on reality benders (holdings of reality bending sweps), It would supress them for a limited time and give them a message saying they feel pain/weighted.

2. When used on non reality benders, they would feel a rush and be immune to reality bender targeting (basically anything besides materialise/most 8837 powers). But with the downside of dealing damage over time.

I want to think they could last somewhere between 30-60 seconds and When on the drug as a none reality bender. You no longer become susceptible to fearRP till it wears off (Indicated by a glow effect maybe?)

and while suppressed by it, reality benders become susceptible to FRP (besides SCP's).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reality bender nerfs.
More roleplay opportunities with people wanting to seize powers or control over reality benders.
roleplay opportunities for D-class TB's besides being murdered?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
nerfs to reality bender SCP's
nerfs to CI-TB
Hard nerf to D-class TB
Chemical bloat

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this should be accepted as I think this won't be used as much as often it's way of supressing a reality bender would almost always require RP or having them in cuffs already.

The only issue I could see is with the ability to be untargettable. however most reality benders can solve this by shooting and murdering the person should they have an obvious tell.

This post did not survive the rollback of 9/9/2024

Skinner, it means they cant get instakilled and have to be shot like normal combat.
Your complaint is a CI TB might have to win a fight already heavily balanced in their favour.

Cope.
There is no « cope », this is a Foundation cry river here and you are nuts and bolts to it’s additions. Instakill was one of the many* goals when reality bending was introduced, why would it be shortened heavily up to a point where people can quite literally (choose) to fully-block a TYPE BLUE’s main purpose with just a drink… I’d agree if it were to be a nerf for cooldowns and energy costs, but not to disable their abilities so easily.

I don’t see why not on the changes proposed here so long that they do not hinder TYPE BLUE purpose points heavily and simply give Foundation another chemical to od on to fight raids with. If anything the chemical should be as expensive as those dumbass aerosol grenades and have debuffs like you mentionned (which I did not think of furthermore when reading your post!)

neutral.
@Kevin Ki

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
Hey also shoutout to scrantons, you guys seem to overdo it on TYPE GREENs, 8837 but not TBs. Why not try that a little more and see how it goes? Every raid has a TB, you can indirectly assume there can be a shot at using scrantons to attempt in hindering their main shooter’s abilities.
CI tend to set up in long corridors (Floor 2 keycard raids, F3 offices, D-block), Once a CI TB is set up, scrantoning them is very ineffectual because usually you can't get close to them. SCP's don't have this issue due to the camping rule.

Reactions: Skinner
Hey also shoutout to scrantons, you guys seem to overdo it on TYPE GREENs, 8837 but not TBs. Why not try that a little more and see how it goes? Every raid has a TB, you can indirectly assume there can be a shot at using scrantons to attempt in hindering their main shooter’s abilities.
Issue is, we've been told using scrantons before we absolutely know a TB is in the raid is metagaming. Despite IC knowing TBs are used by CI.

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Merrick Travolta ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

We believe having a chemical the supresses abilities when injected would be beneficial for rp, however an anti-reality bending combat chemical would be overused and too hard to regulate.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.