Denied CI Being allowed to Nuke

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This rule would make it so during an authorised nuke room raid CI should be permitted to activate the nuke as currently every attempted nuke room raid where ci have captured the room always gets foiled by MTF not caring about the sites security and storming in regardless of the threat that ci holding a nuke room should hold. I also feel this is the case because MTF's know that ci cannot press the nuke so there is no motivation for them to follow negotiations or attempt to RP with ci at the time of the nuke raids.

I feel the Job of the MTF's are to protect the site rather than putting the site in danger due to people taking advantage of OOC rulings to influence RP.

After-Post Edition: Please give feedback on the suggestion instead of just -supporting as there's no way to for staff or myself to know why this suggestion is not liked, thank you

Full nuke authorisation should only be permitted by senior admin+ with valid reasons and should follow a major cooldown scale but Admins should be still allowed to non-full authorisation to just raid the room alone (as it is now)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Would encourage RP between Foundation & CI as right now the only motivations are to just storm in and kill regardless of consequences
- People might actually start RP'ing more with ci instead of all interactions being warfare and KOSing eachother regardless of most scenarios
- Escalated scenarios could encourage GOC being brought in as a neutral party for negotiations.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Ci could pretend to have Authorisation but infect don't and cause major issues until picked up upon by staff.
- The nuke would fuck over the rest of the servers site Such as Testing, Lengthy medical procedures or GOC having captured SCP's.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel this should be accepted as currently All nuke room attempts that were semi successful on CI's side get shit on because Foundation does not and cannot seem to take CI Attempting to RP seriously. in a situation where the entire site is in danger and the only chance of it being de-escalation is by discussing it instead of ignoring all threats of the scenario because of rules and heading in just to get that cheap & easy XP as they take advantage over current rulings instead of taking the time to have an event level RP scenario that would lead to further interactions or In character advantages for CI.

This would force foundation to take a step back instead of just ignoring the Fear a nuke being taken control of should present.

Last edited:

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022

+ Support

I like the idea since it would actually pose a threat to Foundation when we raid the nuke room with an actual threat of detonation however i feel like actually detonating the button should be authorized from LTCOM+ since it would stop constant nukes every hour or so.

This would force both factions to RP it out when CI holds the room hostage and will stop MTF from just pushing into the nuke room because they know we can't actually detonate it.

literally says on the post itself that it can only be authed by a senior admin and it'd have an extensive cooldown and thats given the senior admin agrees to the nuke

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Alright, this was left up for a while however the general consensus that was agreed upon is if members of Site Command or MTF for that matter do not properly roleplay as if C.I can actually detonate this nuke then it'd be FailRP. There are certain circumstances where this doesn't fall true, and with that being said we don't expect members of Foundation (SA/SC etc) to shell out thousands upon thousands of in-game money just to make C.I happy.

Again, there are multiple other choices that could be made whenever negotiating with C.I during Nuke Raids which I'll describe below;

Deception (Lying to C.I, false truths e.g telling them you'd give them an SCP.
Reasonable Action (The nuke has a fail-safe protocol, 1 minute for which the nuke can be disabled after being pressed. So if they open the doors, and there's extremely good reasoning involved for why you'd attempt something as risky as attempting to kill C.I before the fail-safe protocol is no longer in effect then that shouldn't be an issue)
Other barter items (D-Class, potential C.I hostages etc)

Last of all, actual RP. Now, I'm not saying this is something that should be actively promoted/used however there have been countless events where "fake" money has been put to play. E.g let's say 1,000$ = 10,000$ in RP money.

TLDR;
Nuke Raids actually having a consequence is "technically" already there, the issue with this is the people involved not doing what they're supposed to be doing during a Nuke Raid or properly RPing with the involved parties. Allowing the nuke to actually be used will not help, it'd make it worse & would interrupt RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.