Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

Aug 26, 2023
Hi. My RP name is-> Kenneth D Parthwell
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:421208460
SCP RP-USA
Lvl.2 Demotion appeal
I carried out my lvl.1 appeal to "4K" in discord DMS. He didn't provide much description and said nothing more than "You were being toxic after I told you"
As of now, I don't recall any bit of this situation.
CI-G
4k the SL
Either 10/22/23 or 10/21/23. He did it whilst I was offline.
As stated previously, I was believed to be toxic after being told to stop.. However, I don't recall being toxic yesterday. In fact, we discussed some things in CI bunks yesterday and a Bcom said that I had significantly improved since last week when I was striked for the first time.. And I have been trying my hardest to be kinder.
I do not believe this is true... 4k and I were on in overlapping times for around 45-30 minutes yesterday. In that time he didn't say all too much either.
No. prior to this I have not been demoted.
No priors either.
I don't really have a side of the story given the severe lack of information. A clip or really any proof of toxicity would provide me with a much better insight on the situation.

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Appeal Response

Hello Derek, thanks for taking the time to make this appeal. I demoted you with permission from LTCom because it was your second active strike. I striked you for toxicity because you were saying things such as calling other members of CI stupid and terrible at DC and you were saying you would never let them do a deep cover raid again. I have proof of this and as multiple members have had problems with you being toxic and this was not your first offence, warning, or strike, and you had 2 active strikes, by handbook policy you were moved down 1 rank.

Derek

Aug 26, 2023
Hey Stee ven,

I have read your response and noticed a major discrepancy with your message. The person I was yelling at was infact, not, A dc. It was an MC/D who actively followed us into vents than started telling foundation that we were disguised chaos despite us having disguises and telling him to leave us alone. He then proceeded to flag onto ci and tell me "Get off dc. Let me have a slot. You've been a DC 3 times in a row!". So, while i t is true I was very mad, and I definitely was harsh on him, he had no reasonable excuse for his actions. I'm sorry that it seemed that way, but if you would've extended your video evidence by about 30 seconds, you would've heard the full story!
Thanks,
-Derek

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
APPEAL RESPONSE

Hello Kenneth, after reviewing the case I will be denying your Stage 2 appeal.

The reason for this is for violation of what is expected of somebody within the regiment, especially at the rank of Gamma, and 2 active strikes, which by normal procedures would result in full removal from CI listed as a dishonorable discharge. as per Section [5.3] Strikes System of the Chaos Insurgency Handbook.

However, that is not the main focus of the issue, that would be the violation of Section [2.3] Improper Behavior, [1.1] - Basic Conduct, and [1.1A] - Professionalism of the [US] Insurgency NCO Guide.

By engaging in toxicity you are in violation of a number of policies that would have typically resulted in a strike, but this is your second strike within the strike duration period meaning a demotion is the minimum punishment that can be given for the situation at hand. As a CI Gamma, you are expected to keep a more level head in times of stress and maintain professionalism, engaging in toxic conversation is not acceptable. This situation could have been approached in a different matter, preferably within a staff sit for the actions of the other person, rather than making statements such as the other person involved would not be allowed to Deep Cover with you.

I would like to add that the clips you provided for your side of the story only provide 1/2 of the audio, as your end of the conversation is not provided so I can not use that as evidential grounds when making a final decision.

As for the confusion regarding the grounds for your demotion, I wish my DELCOM would have communicated this with you on his own, but I have explained the situation to you in private.
[5.3] Strikes System
Punishments are handed out by members of the command team and our NCOs when they deem it necessary. Strikes are issued by DELCOMs or higher for light punishments or for punishment logging. We operate on a running strike system, detailed below. This is a two-strike system.
  • 1 Strike = Probation and a demotion may be issued depending on severity.
  • 2 Strike = Removal from CI
[2.3] Improper Behavior
Insurgency operatives should not conduct themselves poorly. Every operative should maintain professionalism when operating in the field or talking in casual chats. Using OOC for generally toxic endeavors will result in harsh punishment within the organization. Breaching protocol is also a means of improper behavior, and Insurgency operatives should not break protocol.
[1.1] - Basic Conduct
When you become a Non-Commissioned Officer within the Chaos Insurgency you are seen as the potential future of the regiment. With that being said you are expected to uphold all Cell-56 Operative Handbook policies.
[1.1A] - Professionalism
As a Non-Commissioned Officer you are expected to uphold a higher level of professionalism than what would be expected of an Alpha or Beta. This means you must keep a more level head and be able to manage in hard situations and be ready to set an example for new recruits, and Enlisted members inside of the Insurgency.

- CI-C Lieutenant Commander J██ "The Promise" R██████

Status
Not open for further replies.