Accepted Civilian/Surface Overhaul for better relations between Foundation, Chaos Insurgency and GOC

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
*some suggestions are by civilian community request
  • Open up the possibility for more classes available to the surface zone whether it be a more robust police force or more in-depth gun salesmen.​
  • Allow for regiments to be created on a client to client basis so a civilian militia feels like a militia and not a collection of trigger happy PC gamers wanting to kill MTF and CI just because the Mayor is screaming and yelling​
  • If no plugin exists to this degree, allow the Police force to be more robust like the Foundation in regards to the simple nature of who the police force is. An actual Ranger Military, SWAT etc.​
  • If MC&D is not civilian based, allow MC&D to be hired for various duties.​
  • Allow MC&D to have easy access to sampling equipment, at the moment, for being a secret gagillion dollar organization I have to ask other organizations for simple testing equipment or any equipment outside of my base loadout which makes no sense from a roleplaying perspective​
  • Remove donator ranks for any surface roles​
  • MC&D is a pretty pointless class, as its apparently this huge organization but there's only three people who represent it and they only sell a pill and a couple of guns and they can basically do nothing other than advert their sales and sometimes go into the facilities to sell their guns or if you're lucky enough see something classified then die for it regardless because nobody actually RP's with MC&D to this degree. Allow for more products to be sold or have a regiment in place for the MC&D with more slots or types of roles to play as.​
  • If none of these options are realistic allow surface zone accounts to change their name at will for RP reasons. Changing names currently is a pain and the 5 minute cooldown drives me away from doing internal role play for the surface police station.​
  • Allow the Mayor to have more power for law creation, regiment creation, building, foreign relations or anything a person of power would have the ability to do in the Foundation if addons are not a possibility. Mayor is currently irrelevant at the moment and without a dedicated Mayor on, Rangers are pointless.​
  • Discord for Surface Zone, TeamSpeak for Surface Zone. OPEN UP the ability for people to role play on the surface, BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO. Make surface zone people feel included in the RP because as of right now its left in the dust with no infrastructure AT ALL.​
  • Real Police Station, Police Cars, Real Prison and not just hold someone in a cell for X minutes.​
  • Real armory for the Rangers​
  • Real Medical supplies for Medics​
  • More than one document on document board​
  • More slots open for Rangers​
  • Elastic Restraints as Metal cuffs are impossible to use efficiently on the surface​
  • Better form of government on the surface other than just the Mayor. Its hard to uphold the law with 5 people and the Mayor; equally as hard to maintain ALL of the civilians as they outnumber us by quite a large portion​

Possible Positives of the suggestion
  1. Adding in more classes to deepen the RPing element of the surface would encourage more people to participate. Only have 5 players for Rangers and 1 for Mayor is quite a low number considering the amount of personnel each other faction has access to.​
  2. Currently there is no chain of command for anyone or anything. So the entirety of the infrastructure is solely dependent on a person to person basis and not based on any actual regiment. Allowing for there to be an actual Ranger and surface regiment or even the ability for people to make ones for themselves would allow for there to be continuous RP throughout the new people that play or old ones that join in.​
  3. This suggestion piggybacks off of #1 and #2 combined by creating actual classes for different roles​
  4. Currently MC&D is not biased between any faction and completely neutral, however they simply cannot do anything other than sell or infiltrate a base as one person which through RP standards on here is completely foolish as if a Civilian gets into either base the first point of contact through the military is to arrest and detain and with MC&D its mainly shoot on sight.​
  5. Why is this even a thing? Nobody plays the roles so why make it even harder to play them then it already is.​
  6. Currently MC&D is simply just a minge or laid back role to play as and for 80$ its simply not worth the cost. Broadening their supply as BLACK MARKET SALESMEN and not just Gun Dealers will allow for a more robust sales RP. Giving MC&D their own regiment would also give people a reason to donate and engage with this as currently there's only 3 allowed and you can't do much with it other than sell and talk to people.​
  7. If nothing, allowing the players to make up their OWN RANKS via the name system at will would enable them to come up with their own scenarios at any point and not have a CD in between.​
  8. Currently speaking the Mayor has no real authority outside of accepting warrants and arrests. Outside of this he's just a civilian with a title. Giving the Mayor the ability to edit the ranger station or even create laws and regulations for the surface people would give the surface civilians a reason to RP and engage with more effort other than trying to just infobreach and kill people. Without a dedicated Mayor the Rangers are pointless and without dedicated Rangers the Mayor is pointless.​
  9. There really is no dedicated outside comms outside for CIVS GLOBAL for surface specifically Rangers.​
  10. Possibility of remaking or expanding the station and cars for the Police would give a better impression of the RP behind playing as a surface Ranger.​
  11. Rangers currently have no weapons or armor dedicated to opposing any faction other than InfoBreach respawn rules which is quite boring.​
  12. Medics are normally non-existent and pointless with the respawn rule in place for rangers.​
  13. Currently you can only have only one document on one of the boards in the ranger station​
  14. 5 players for the Rangers is abnormally low considering we're against 10-20 people on either faction side and with nobody really playing surface characters no militia is ever present to assist​
  15. Metal cuffs on the surface are quite buggy and can in some situation kill people with the terrain on the surface, elastic restraints would allow for an easier apprehension of criminals​
  16. More leadership roles on the surface other than the mayor would be beneficial to expanding the RP element of having an actual militia on the surface.​

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
  • Realistically speaking none of these suggestions are negative in anyway as it doesn't really interfere with anything outside of the surface unless surface civilians are breaking RP with anything new added.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
  • All things considered the Surface needs a major rework regardless if it has to do with any of these or not. The surface can be fun with the right people but it shouldn't be down to the luck of the draw with who is engaging with the roles. It should be a defined system and if people don't want to engage there isn't any harm in adding a system to enable that. If people do want to engage with the new system I don't see why it wouldn't be a big positive for the entirety of the server. As it stands the Foundation mainly deals with just the Chaos Insurgency and internal issues and the GOC is never really on to make an apparent impact on anything unless flagged on for a specific issue. I personally feel the surface plays an enormous part in the RP of SCP RP otherwise there's really no impact from anyone doing anything outside of internal personnel. Even then internal personnel can deal with these issues themselves.​

Last edited:

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
-Support
I love the idea not gonna lie but this simply wouldn't work. D class minges will form some random ass factions and mayor having more power??? nah thanks im good. We seen what happened with GOC when there was a revolution I dont want more massRDM shit. While for the mcnd part just replace the GOI with TCS or rework it completely

Last edited:

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
-Support
I love the idea not gonna lie but this simply wouldn't work. D class minges will form some random ass factions and mayor having more power??? nah thanks im good. We seen what happened with GOC when there was a revolution I dont want more massRDM shit. While for the mcnd part just replace the GOI with TCS or rework it completely

They already do this, and to top it off they have no real laws to obey by besides what the mayor says and server rules.
Pretty much every single class or role or character on this server has had minges on it unless its behind stringent requirements and under the watchful eye of SL.

Mr Jimbo

Dec 26, 2022
+Support
All the -support reasons I see are just reminders of what we currently have and don't have in comparison, atleast give a noteable reason, also they are dismissing everyone who enjoys playing surface by saying "It iS NoT The mAIn pArT Of tHe sErVeR" so everyone is forced to play everything BUT surface and if they don't like it - tough SH#T

Reactions: Dusk

Haji

Feb 21, 2023
-Support
This feels like punching the tip of a knife. Surface is NOT the focus outside of Nu-7, GOC and CI. Sure, MC&D is fun and all, but the fact we even have civvie jobs is miles ahead of any SCPRP server because, guess what, its 10x more interesting being part of the big old corps rather than being some random civvie. If you want fleshed out government and police systems, just go to a CityRP? Surface is neither the point nor the purpose of a SCP-RP server, and begging for widescale changes or even suggesting them is comparable to hitting your head against a brick wall and complaining it hurt - its simply expected that it'll hurt, because while those are admittedly nice suggestions - they're just not gonna happen, because they are just not the focus of the server.

Siens and Mazuza have also made good points. More jobs and a better MC&D loadout, I 100% agree with, but the rest? Nah. An overhaul doesn't mean making a literal functioning city on surface.

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
No
-Support
This feels like punching the tip of a knife. Surface is NOT the focus outside of Nu-7, GOC and CI. Sure, MC&D is fun and all, but the fact we even have civvie jobs is miles ahead of any SCPRP server because, guess what, its 10x more interesting being part of the big old corps rather than being some random civvie. If you want fleshed out government and police systems, just go to a CityRP? Surface is neither the point nor the purpose of a SCP-RP server, and begging for widescale changes or even suggesting them is comparable to hitting your head against a brick wall and complaining it hurt - its simply expected that it'll hurt, because while those are admittedly nice suggestions - they're just not gonna happen, because they are just not the focus of the server.

Siens and Mazuza have also made good points. More jobs and a better MC&D loadout, I 100% agree with, but the rest? Nah. An overhaul doesn't mean making a literal functioning city on surface.
No where was it suggested to make it a literal city, however I'm more than happy to keep making iterations of The Don since nobody minds large server wide info breaches that last hours. In contrast my suggestions give surface more things to do but nobody finds that worth the development time.

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
I' like for there to be legitimate conversation on this topic please. If it pertains to "It makes my job harder so -support". I don't believe this is legitimate criticism. I would like for people to actually acknowledge these changes from a server wide perspective and apply some valid criticism for why you -support and or +support.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Approved
Hi @Kore,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. We have accepted a few ideas and will also add our ideas into this.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.