Denied CL2+ Chef Job Suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a Clearance 2 Job as a Chef, in the form of Senior Chef, or Head Chef. This Job position also possibly opens up the possibility for adding a CL3 Executive Chef.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Chef is a very early Job everyone gets access to, the addition of a more senior chef position, much like the medical, security, and technician team, this position would have more "authority" around the kitchen, being able to train and assist new chef staff - which everyone knows new chefs have no idea of what they are doing. This new Job could also be the catalyst for more RP - Creating Restaurant-ish order system, managing it, overall making the cooking "department" into a more fun and interactive one, rather than the mingy one it is known as. This new chef job would also allow them access into the Floor2 canteen, and possibly even going up to surface to do orders for SOP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1 - SL Wont like it
Other than that, there are no negatives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion is purely based on a positive RP improvement, the only, and literal only negative is that Server Leadership wont like it. This would be a very easy to add job, with little server resource drawback, that would create great and fun RP. I also believe CL2+ Chefs, and such personnel could properly work on Chef and cooking documentation, there are very much little drawbacks from this. GODBLESS.

• Wow
Reactions: 'Jerome'

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
This is frequently requested and will always be denied. There chefs just use the Tubes or meet up with them in medbay or something.

Chef is a starter job and a very mingy one at that so giving it a free higher tier card for nothing will cause chaos

Also this makes them able to go into 914

Massive -support

Also chef on surface? U are just begging for mass info breaches

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
Neutral I don't like the Idea of Having a New Department on Cooking I mean its just Weird But I will be making a Suggestion about the canteen Since you did not really include It But I don't think we Need a C2 C3 cook Unless its for the canteen And it gets abused so often the chef job I mean I've seen chefs in HCZ I mean just think what trolls could do with a C3 I mean they have access to a armory everything from the dispenser including a TE5 And then they can also access 035 049 And a bunch more Scps And they can Breach em. Its a Solid No But Brilliant Idea.

Reactions: Toni

Toni

May 23, 2022
This is frequently requested and will always be denied. There chefs just use the Tubes or meet up with them in medbay or something.

Chef is a starter job and a very mingy one at that so giving it a free higher tier card for nothing will cause chaos

Also this makes them able to go into 914

Massive -support

Also chef on surface? U are just begging for mass info breaches
NOT surface, I mean only up to garage to deliver food, or to ask for personal orders in order to not flood comms

Haji

Feb 21, 2023
-Support Just kind of... unneeded? There are plenty of routes and possibilities to get higher clearances and get higher within Foundation, and while sure people might like cooking to the extent of wanting more Chef jobs, its just not necessary and not something that, mechanically or in-lore, would make sense. I won't even go into the merit of if chefs are mingy or not, I've seen some chill chefs, but the same could be said about Cadet ?‍♂️

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
-Support Just kind of... unneeded? There are plenty of routes and possibilities to get higher clearances and get higher within Foundation, and while sure people might like cooking to the extent of wanting more Chef jobs, its just not necessary and not something that, mechanically or in-lore, would make sense. I won't even go into the merit of if chefs are mingy or not, I've seen some chill chefs, but the same could be said about Cadet ?‍♂️
What they said.

Mirage

Donator
Jun 15, 2022
UK
-Support
Most people get on chef to minge and adding a CL2 chef would make it worse then it already is

Reactions: Silverback

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
-support
Chefs are the most minge thing on this server it is not needed at all they would breach scps or abuse 914. Im 100% sure that a chef with a cl3 card is a bigger threat than CI.

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
-+Support, Even though i like the idea it just isn't needed. We have the tubes which can go almost everyone.

Silverback

Dec 26, 2022
-Support
Most people get on chef to minge and adding a CL2 chef would make it worse then it already is

Toni

May 23, 2022
wow i notice in here the chefphobia is real, i will be running several ingame cheesecake giveaways to improve this

"Resolve"

Dec 10, 2022
-SUPPORT
The use for this in other groups makes sense, like research, sec, intel etc. It makes sense to have higher more powerful ranks with more abilities but a chef is a chef. The only thing I can see people using it for is to minge. Honestly chefs dont even need a keycard. Chefs spawn in a room with everything they need to make food, honestly just making chefs cl0 like a dclass. They literally never need to leave the kitchen to do their job UNLESS they are delivering food but even then people could just come to kitchen to pick it up and leave.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
-SUPPORT
The use for this in other groups makes sense, like research, sec, intel etc. It makes sense to have higher more powerful ranks with more abilities but a chef is a chef. The only thing I can see people using it for is to minge. Honestly chefs dont even need a keycard. Chefs spawn in a room with everything they need to make food, honestly just making chefs cl0 like a dclass. They literally never need to leave the kitchen to do their job UNLESS they are delivering food but even then people could just come to kitchen to pick it up and leave.
you know some chefs actually like to roleplay and deliver food to people such as e11 at hcz checkpoint. not all chefs are minges, and by taking away their keycard, well at that point you might as well just make them a d class in kitchen.

"Resolve"

Dec 10, 2022
you know some chefs actually like to roleplay and deliver food to people such as e11 at hcz checkpoint. not all chefs are minges, and by taking away their keycard, well at that point you might as well just make them a d class in kitchen.
The issue with it is ask any whitelisted players most will answer: jobs like engineer IT chef etc are used to troll and mingle A LOT. That being said we shouldn’t remove them that would be an awful idea. I do appreciate it when an actual chef gets on and plays and RPs and does well but the ratio of actual chefs to minges is incredibly low. Plus also you don’t need to be a chef to cook in any way. You could literally go into pw bunker and make food. It’s just always been a weird job to me. It adds to rp but also opportunity to minge. Also it doesn’t make sense for the scp foundation to just have an on site chef cooking meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.