Denied CL2+ Chef Job Suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a Clearance 2 Job as a Chef, in the form of Senior Chef, or Head Chef. This Job position also possibly opens up the possibility for adding a CL3 Executive Chef.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Chef is a very early Job everyone gets access to, the addition of a more senior chef position, much like the medical, security, and technician team, this position would have more "authority" around the kitchen, being able to train and assist new chef staff - which everyone knows new chefs have no idea of what they are doing. This new Job could also be the catalyst for more RP - Creating Restaurant-ish order system, managing it, overall making the cooking "department" into a more fun and interactive one, rather than the mingy one it is known as. This new chef job would also allow them access into the Floor2 canteen, and possibly even going up to surface to do orders for SOP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1 - SL Wont like it
Other than that, there are no negatives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion is purely based on a positive RP improvement, the only, and literal only negative is that Server Leadership wont like it. This would be a very easy to add job, with little server resource drawback, that would create great and fun RP. I also believe CL2+ Chefs, and such personnel could properly work on Chef and cooking documentation, there are very much little drawbacks from this. GODBLESS.

• Wow
Reactions: 'Jerome'

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
The issue with it is ask any whitelisted players most will answer: jobs like engineer IT chef etc are used to troll and mingle A LOT. That being said we shouldn’t remove them that would be an awful idea. I do appreciate it when an actual chef gets on and plays and RPs and does well but the ratio of actual chefs to minges is incredibly low. Plus also you don’t need to be a chef to cook in any way. You could literally go into pw bunker and make food. It’s just always been a weird job to me. It adds to rp but also opportunity to minge. Also it doesn’t make sense for the scp foundation to just have an on site chef cooking meals.
That is a good point, I do see more mingey chefs than actual rp ones. And yea, chef is like the go-to job if all you want to do is cause trouble. I don't agree with the taking away their keycard, but if it gets so bad they might as well remove chef.

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
NEUTRAL

You know I respect you bro but I gotta give it to you real - brother to brother.

I really really like the idea of there being layerd chef roles and there being a type of seniorship with every system ( Especially techies ) and it would add a lot of RP and make chefs a viable position once more, much love there.

The issue however arises from the fact that chefs at the moment ( besides cooking and minging ) do fuck all - This suggestion could work in the future should CN's content teams ever feel the need to expand on the chef and cooking role(s) - It would be great to have some sort of mess hall in PW ( Maybe in the corner on the catwalk where the breach shelter is ) and maybe having an order system through the personnel tablet would be cool and perhaps giving them spawns there and in the F2 mess hall to supply NU7 would be awesome but right now.. it just can't work - Chefs work in a very small and confined space, they rarely cook and even more rarely supply foundation staff with their cooking and ofc to mention it again.. they minge... a lot.

I've seen your chef work and it's obvious YOU would make this role great and make all of this work but not everyone is as interested in RP .. unfortunately.

Should chefs ever be reworked and given more to do ( More meals, maybe higher quality through different means of preperation or even infusing chemicals with food.. ( I'm ballparking here )) then I'll be 100% +SUPPORTing the idea.

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022

- SUPPORT

Though I do love the idea you have it's the people that are the issue, people who play chef are one of three types; People who do nothing but minge and be annoying, people who wanna make a restaurant and actually RP and people who wanna get their support skill up. 90% if not more of the people ive seen as a chef are option 1 and as a result I think it's be a bad idea allowing them to go further into the facility to areas such as HCZ (where the mask which they'd be able to access cuz of cl2) and entrance zone (which is the way to F3).

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Toni,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. Though the idea is appreciated, we do not plan on providing a CL2 card to chefs, nor is it needed. We may possibly look at reworks in the future.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.