Denied Class-D Contraband Clarification

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waifunat

Mar 3, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I would like clarifications on what is considered 'Class-D Contraband' in Staff-Rulings, whether that is specifying it to Keycards, Lethal Weapons. Or clarifying it to anything they do not spawn with.

I was trying to have a interesting and longer Class-D Roleplay than usual with a Compliant Class-D who just wanted to vibe, test, and generally follow the rule of thumb of testing for so long to getting a eventual release, but was terminated without a single word for having a field kit that was gifted to me to heal myself after being injured in a test by a Sr. Researcher.

This is just a bit hard to do thanks to not knowing what I should or should not have, and if I am allowed things because they are beneficial to further tests, I was alive for over 3 hours and was really enjoying the development and helping with tests and trying my best to live.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More complex and interesting Class-D Roleplay or storylines without punishing this type of RP.

Being able to be rewarded for being a compliant Class-D setting them out from others.

Being able to better assist in tests as a Class-D with slightly more equipment at disposal.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Class-D eventually betray trust of Foundation to use acquired equipment against them.

Gensec cannot kill every Class-D with simple non-lethal but disruptive equipment, Field Kit, Flare, Tranq. (Though they should be terminated when using these tools against Gensec.)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I still think the suggestion and rule clarification is worth accepting just based on the merit of the fact it allows for more complex and evolving D-Class RP, as well as the fact it does not restrict Gensec from continuing to terminate D-Class who disruptively use equipment or have ANY Lethal weapons at all.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
This is an IC issue.

But contraband is something that dont have normal everyday access to.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
i always thought (and have been told once) that field kits are not contraband? is it a bug that you can detect it using the weapon checker?

Reactions: Waifunat

Waifunat

Mar 3, 2023
This is an IC issue.

But contraband is something that dont have normal everyday access to.
I was terminated in D-Block, and it is a OOC Rule regarding D-Class termination in D-Block which is a RDM and Rule/Staff issue not IC, unless it is crossfire.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Waifunat,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Everything that D-Class do not spawn with or are given is contraband.
That includes field kits, bandages and cuffs.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.