Compass (Ban Appeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSCompass

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 29, 2020
Your in-game name: Jamsheed
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:158518100
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198277301929/
Date of ban: 10/09/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Fear RP / LTAP
Who banned you: Captain Obvious
Ban length?: 1 Day
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/darkrp-rules.16419/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I did not break a rule.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Warned for RDM once.
Why should you be unbanned: As an explanation for the Fear RP, I was an FBI when according to the staff, a Police Officer attempted to make me face the wall. I was oblivious to this as I had no sound and that a PD member can not be fear rp'd by another PD, considering I had done nothing wrong. I continued walking around the map, specifically going to the food NPC, I was later teleported. During the sit, I had no sound for the majority of it, I then took my headset off charge and wore it for the little charge it had left, and my game then crashed. I said in Discord that my game had crashed, Archasm started typing in the General channel (who was also overviewing the sit), and I reconnected. I waited an additional 5-10 minutes, saying in OOC "Im back", the staff member had left the roof that the sit was being handled on, as well as returning the reporting player, so I then disconnected assuming the sit was over considering I had not been teleported after alerting the staff.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I didn't break a rule
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I did not LTAP.

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

Administrator
Administrator
DarkRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 5, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi,

As per discussion with Archasm once he came to assist with the sit, at your request, we decided you were to be warned for Fear-RP. You were chased across the map, with being actively tasered by police. You responded to this by saying you had no sound, and had changed your job to include "no sound", however part of the chase I was shown by the accused he had a taser pointed at you with the name not changed.

We explained to you, despite being FBI and disguised as a citizen, you need to at least explain your current situation and cannot thus just run away from police and/or commit crimes - and the reason you were pulled over by said officer is you had a knife out in the PD. We also noted that you shouldn't really be playing as a frontline officer role without any sound, as it isn't really viable for roleplay.

As per the ban, you left - I was not informed of this being a crash. I had to deal with sits, so I went away and ended the sit, and no one informed you of your intended return. After around twenty minutes, I had a quick look to see if you were online, and did not appear to see you or your connection status to be doubled over as you claim, so I went ahead with the ban. I did not also any message in global chat for the refer I stated above - next time I recommend making another sit so it is clear for us to see.

Archasm may also want to shed some light as he was the superior in the sit.

Last edited:

Erick

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 22, 2020
Appeal Accepted

Hi @TSCompass,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Seeing as this was your first warning and ban, I'll be lifting it up in good faith. Although, I would recommend you to make a sit or DM the staff member in question via discord/teamspeak3 that you had indeed returned back in-game.​

Status
Not open for further replies.