Pending Review Custom SCP proposal: SCP-9000-A-1

On-Hold and / or under current review, please allow us time.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion would add SCP-9000-A-1, a custom SCP.

9000-A-1 would not enter the breach que, and will only breach when the other 9000s breach. 9000-A-1 will not breach unless the server has a population above 120 players.

EbRMRRWWoAE-hrw.jpg

If this suggestion is accepted, I would be happy to work with CN in creating a custom model for it.

SCP-9000-A-1 would not be able to directly deal damage, and would not be able to break or open doors. It would instead act as a pure support SCP with seven abilities:

H ability: Spores (60s cooldown)

- Releases spores into the air which cause humans who swallow them be slowed dramatically, and would cause those who enter to hallucinate and hear 9000 sound ques and 9000 running sound effects near them for 30 seconds. The spores linger in the air for 15 seconds after release. Spore ability is also activated on termination regardless of cooldown. Biosuit, ERT & Gas mask wearing players bypass this. [SPORE ABILITY WOULD NOT FUNCTION WHEN NOT BREACHED]

[Primary SWEP] Left Click: Self-Care (30s cooldown)
- Causes 9000-A-1 to spin a coil of its insides and organs around its body to release a dark green liquid cauterizing agent onto itself. This would allow 9000-A-1 to recover 1,000 HP, capping at 4,000. Other abilities would not work during this time.

[Primary Swep] Right Click: Scream (60s cooldown)
- Causes A-1 to release a shrill scream that affects the 9000s if they are nearby. It would provide SCP-9000s with a 25% speed boost for 10 seconds, and 35% damage resistance [ABILITY WOULD NOT FUNCTION WHEN NOT BREACHED]

Passive: Regeneration
- Like the other 9000s, 9000-A-1 can passively regenerate HP until it reaches 4,000 HP at a rate of 10 HP/s, or 600 HP per minute. This would allow a total of around 2600 HP regeneration every minute, so long as A-1 perfectly manages their abilities. HP would still be capped at 4,000 however.

Passive: Oracle
- Allows 9000-A-1 to see the outline of all players on the 9000 jobs from any range.

[Secondary SWEP] Left click: Conversion (120s cooldown)
- Allows SCP-9000-A-1 to heal the other 9000s by 2,000 HP each by transferring 2,000 of its own HP. This process would take a bit, and would take about as long as the weapon checker SWEP, requiring both 9000-A-1 and whichever 9000 it's healing to stay still while it happens, leaving both vulnerable to ambush if not in a safe location, and leaving 9000-A-1 at 2,000 HP after usage. (To clarify, this would only be able to target one 9000 at a time, not both)

[Secondary SWEP] Right click: Room for More (120s cooldown)
- 9000-A-1 is able to convert dead bodies into weaker variants of 9000s by right clicking on their dead bodies, and revival would function similarly to the defibrillator. Humans revived by 9000-A-1 would turn into 9000-A-4. 9000-A-4 would look like and function similarly to 049-2 with an HP pool of 2,000.

9000-A-4's would be under the "Zombie SCPs" type.

Stats:

Speed: Mediocre (7722 running speed)
HP: Glass (4,000 HP, termable SCP, relies on its team similar to 035)
Mobility: Can't jump
Level requirement: Level 80, SCP Level 15

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
9000s become more significantly interesting
First SCP type with 3 slots that wouldn't be overpowered
Highly complicated SCP with high skill ceiling
Actually warrants the Level 5 hack that 9000s have

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Development time
A purely supportive SCP might be boring to some people

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

9000s are kinda mid since rn they're purely bullet sponges for stronger SCPs. Instead of just buffing their stats and calling it a day I think this'd be cooler. Basically, 9000-A-1 would be unique in the fact it's a highly volatile support SCP, able to provide really good buffs to the 9000s, and it can generate its health back to full to undo chip damage using its abilities. The main caveat is that it's an SCP that can't fight back whatsoever if cornered, and only has a max of 4k health, so if the 9000s want the benefits, they need to protect 9000-A-1 and play smart. This is why the level requirement is so high, as 9000-A-1 would require a lot of micro-management of abilities to be effective.

9000-A-1 would feel extremely rewarding to kill due to how valuable of a target he is, and would be fun to fight against. Staying alive until ERT or recontainment as 9000-A-1 would also be fun, as it means you've played well and you got to leverage your powerful abilities to the best of your ability. Additionally, you'd always be able to guarantee you'd have the number advantage against the 9000s due to the 120 player requirement to breach.

Tesla's would obviously be a huge problem for 9000-A-1, along with turrets and AA. Beams would also hurt 9000-A-1 badly due to its already low speed, so it has very clear counterplay. Fun, clear counterplay, and a buff to the weakest SCP.

Yap fest over

Last edited:
Reactions: Sully
will not breach unless the server has a population above 120 players.
Kind of a high bar, but warranted

Left Click: Self-Care (30s cooldown)
+
Passive: Regeneration
= 1000 + 1000 + 600 = 2600 HP/min? Should be clarified

Right click: Room for More (120s cooldown)
2000 HP zombies every 2 minutes... would they be that easy to fight...?

The idea of a high skill ceiling support is intriguing, but I have a feeling that a masterful 9000-A-1, in tandem with the other 9000s and SCP breaches, may feel overpowered and frustrating to deal with. Also

20dollarswowwww!!.jpg

= 1000 + 1000 + 600 = 2600 HP/min? Should be clarified

Well, I separated the regeneration and self-care abilities just for clarity, but clarified further. HP is still capped at 4,000, which is the reason I made it so easy to regenerate and recover.

2000 HP zombies every 2 minutes... would they be that easy to fight...?

Yeah, with the pitiful damage of 049-2s, so long as the revival cooldown stayed at 2 minutes, they'd be pretty easy to manage, especially at the high server population 9000-A-1 would be breached in. 049's zombies have about 600 HP and he can have up to 8 of them. Additionally, 9000-A-1 would have to put itself into danger in order to get onto bodies to revive them, which I considered when proposing the HP of the A-4.

The idea of a high skill ceiling support is intriguing, but I have a feeling that a masterful 9000-A-1, in tandem with the other 9000s and SCP breaches, may feel overpowered and frustrating to deal with.

I can understand that being a concern, which is why I made sure to account for it. For a 9000-A-1 breach to even occur, two conditions must be met: A) The server must be at maximum capacity (128/128), and B) AA must be authorized, as the current requirements for AA authorization are 3 or more SCPs. At 128 population, the only breach queues that will occur are double queues, so that'd be 4 SCPs out.

Any SCP with lower than 20k HP, especially something with 4k HP, is going to be in for a tough time in regards to nerve, nitro, and augers. And, that is all combined with the fact 9000-A-1 cannot defend itself in any capacity if it gets split up for any reason.

Reactions: grunger
Feb 10, 2024
+Support
I think you should slightly lower the necessary player amount for them to be able to breach, but other than that I love the concept. Probably needs a bit of tweaking but I already want to try it out lol

Jay "Corvid"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 5, 2024
+Support
I always feel like the 9k series deserved some more love for the amount of skill required to express how weak they can be when outgunned.
This looks like a fairly balanced way of dealing with it. Its definately a good one for discussion

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Suggestion Up For Further Discussion

Hi @Caesar Kuznetsov ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to put your suggestion up for internal discussion.

We believe it's an interesting idea though we aren't sure we want to implement all of it as stated so we've decided to put it up for further discussion and will get back to you with a resolution when possible.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as pending review.​

Status
Not open for further replies.