Denied D-Class Escape Rule

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it so that when D-Class escape or disguise, they are required to have some sort of objective to advance themselves or their class such as:
- Breaching SCPs
- Escaping to Surface
- Freeing D-Class
- Messing with facility controls to disorient personnel

Anything else would fall under NITRP (No intention to roleplay). There have been several times where a D-class will successfully disguise and spend the next 2 hours repeatedly shooting up the place without trying to do anything further. Not even CI do that, really. If your goal is to really just walk around and shoot people like a breached SCP, you might as well just call it "Mass RDM RP".

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Will actually make D-class have a specific objective.
- Focus more on the RP elements of the server and not the shooty-shoot no-rp side of it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None other than some people failing at completing the above objectives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Time and time again I and others have witnessed D-Class manage to disguise and make no reasonable effort to escape the facility, breach SCPs, or the likes. Instead, they just walk around and gun everyone they see down or wait for an opportunity to gun people down. While yes, they are death row inmates, there is no RP is basically just Mass RDMing people. It's why Mass RDM exists. It's why RDM exists. You must have a proper reason to kill people. Just you being a prisoner is not a valid or logical reason, by any means. However, in my opinion, if you were to be attempting to free other fellow D-Class and were stopped then yes by all means gun down the 20 people in D-block.

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
-Support

Hell no. People act like it's easy to excape as D-Class but that's only the case when other jobs are slacking. Honestly I JUST caught your ass camping 914 during a breach of 4 scps. So if you could do it then, why not do it more other times?
Major -support
One time I seen rackrain camp 914 vents/light armory with a shield FOR 4 FUCKING HOURS STRAIGHT and killing any unfortunate d class that happened to escape in the process ?

Suggestion Denied

Hi Recker

We feel that adding a rule like this would cause more harm than good, as currently D class are able to RP out the role they are disguised as within reason, and putting a rule like this in place would restrict interactions like that from happening. Also we don't like having to say exactly what jobs can and cannot do in the rules page.

Mercer

Reactions: Niox
Status
Not open for further replies.