Dan McCarthy's Ethics Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxsavagexx2316

Donator
Nov 4, 2022
He is a person, he may have used ChatGPT but he has had past experience as an Ethics member. And for that reason, I will be giving him a
+support

Reactions: Dan McCarthy

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
Major +Support

I've had interactions with Dan since before he was an ECA. Since he was a consultant. He's always done well with the tasks he was given, has been a polite and considerate person, and got ECM after months of hard work on ECA while those who put way less effort into their work got the position over him. The actual content of the app (i.e. the questions that actually matter) are flawless and to the point without adding excessive fluff to make the application look longer and more impressive (like many other candidates). He's not afraid to get straight to the point of what the question is asking even if it would appear to be bad due to there being less words on the app. Lore of a character when that lore is never used at all when actually playing the server does not matter. It especially doesn't matter if ChatGPT is used to type it out. Some people don't like creative writing and that fine. It doesn't matter for a position in a video game. His use of ChatGPT to automate a dull and unnecessary part of his application does not mean that eveything else that actually matters is now void. Those making a big deal out of it are 1 dimensional and only caring about surface appearances. When I was chief there were people who used ChatGPT for their lore (I know it matters even less for captains) but where I drew the line was using it for the actual questions. Dan hasn't. His past experience which is over half a year of ECM/ECA (if my memory is right) makes him far, far more qualified than any of the other candidates.

Hell even as I typed this he retyped his lore by hand. It shows he's not afraid to own up to his mistakes and fix them. Honesty is a very important quality in this slimy world.

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
-Support

• Played the server drunk all the time
  • Went basically inactive for upwards of a month before leaving ECM the first time
  • AI to write components of his application, fixing it does not erase the fact he did it, he used AI to write his application the first time around and when I found out I was furious, didn't learn from this mistake despite ample opportunity to do so
  • No current CL4 experience
  • Needs to play the server more before returning to rank
  • Indecisive disposition

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
- Support

ill change this if I can see some VTime scans as well if I can see you in game doing shit

• Sad

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
-support
Dan while I love you to death I don't wanna see you drunk on the server again or inactive which I must say I have only seen you maybe twice? The ChatGPT I respect that you went through and changed it but it doesn't change the character it shows that you were willing to do it in the first place.

AzraelAODTR

Nov 13, 2022
-Support

Coming out of the wood works, but you weren't really the best ECM and you used ChatGPT for your application. The role is just not about leading people, but also about producing quality roleplay. If you can't even write a paragraph of your own lore, how are you supposed to create intriguing roleplay as one of the most important sites roleplay factions.

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
-Support

Attempted to give orders to an O-1 CO (which you can't in the internal Ethics hierarchy) which would override their orders from the Chairman. Even after explanation they had to fight with you for a decent amount of time on it because you were so adamant on your orders. If you're gonna get ECM you need to understand the Chain of Command.

Dan McCarthy

Sep 27, 2022
After consideration of the feedback on my application, I would like to rescind it. I am not what the community needs or wants. I want to thank each and every one of you for your input. In the wise words of George Washington in his farewell address.

Though, in reviewing the incidents of my administration I am unconscious of intentional error I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many errors. I shall also carry with me the hope that the foundation will view them with indulgence and that after 6 months of my life dedicated to its service with an upright zeal. The faults of incompetent abilities will be consigned to oblivion as I myself must soon be to the mansions of rest. I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat in which I promise myself to realize the sweet enjoyment of partaking in the midst of my fellow foundation men. The benign influence of good ethics under a free foundation, the ever-favorite object of my heart and the happy reward, as I trust of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers.

Take care, boys, :)

-Dan McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.