Deadshot Daquiri's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshot

Jan 16, 2024
Your in-game name: Connor Bailey

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:25108716

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010483161

Date of ban: 01/15/2024

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Severe Toxicity

Who banned you: "Joe" [STEAM_0:0:46404652]

Ban length?: 3 days

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

1.10 Disrespectful Conduct

1.11 Discrimination

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will not, even as a joke, say anything discriminatory or racist to anyone, and I will keep my mouth shut if I have the urge to make those jokes.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Yes; NLR/RDM

Why should you be unbanned: I admit that I made a mistake, and I will not make that same mistake again. I know that I have been around the server a while, and for that reason, I should know better, but I didn't in the heat of the moment.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Upon either my ban's expiration or acceptation of appeal, I will rejoin when able and reread the entire rule page top to bottom with a staff member present in a sit. If I am to break this rule again, I am willing to accept an immediate permanent ban, with no chance for appeal.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I genuinely enjoy the time people spend in doing RP. Some people want to be PVP andy's, and more power to them, but it is one of the few RP servers that I enjoy because of the quality in RP, The people in the community, and the unique feel of the server.

Note: I know that this doesn't change what happened, but it will change what I say and make me think before taking action.

Attachments

• 20240115225521_1.jpg
    20240115225521_1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Badman

Dec 4, 2023
Arizona
Good morning @Deadshot,

Last night I was checking the logs for any inappropriate conduct, and in doing so I located a chat message from you directly calling another player a racial slur.

The punishment guidelines for racism and/or severe toxicity is extremely clear and is zero tolerance on Civil Networks.

I highly recommend that you rethink your decisions before playing the server again and learn to understand that "jokes" are not always seen as jokes. It may be funny to you, but it might severely affect someone out of character who has dealt with similar egregious situations in real life. After all, this is a game, but please do not forget that the players are all real people, with real experiences and emotions.

What you do/say with your own group of friends in your own space is your business, but do NOT bring it into to this community.

Thank you for taking the time to submit an appeal. A member of Server Leadership (Admin+) should reply to this appeal sometime soon with an official ruling.

Joseph

Last edited:

Deadshot

Jan 16, 2024
Good morning @Deadshot,

Last night I was checking the logs for any inappropriate conduct, and in doing so I located a chat message from you displayed in this image.
E299909C51FEEAE8FEB62F523613B9EEE88D694E

The punishment guidelines for racism and/or severe toxicity is extremely clear and is zero tolerance on Civil Networks.

I highly recommend that you rethink your decisions before playing the server again and learn to understand that "jokes" are not always seen as jokes. It may be funny to you, but it might severely affect someone out of character who has dealt with similar egregious situations in real life. After all, this is a game, but please do not forget that the players are all real people, with real experiences and emotions.

What you do/say with your own group of friends in your own space is your business, but do NOT bring it into to this community.

Thank you for taking the time to submit an appeal. A member of Server Leadership (Admin+) should reply to this appeal sometime soon with an official ruling.

Joseph
I agree with the fact that I need to rethink my decisions before playing again, and I have given them a lot of thought since my ban.

After doing so, I understand now that it's inappropriate to make those jokes. I didn't take into account the fact that I could have offended someone with my words, and I apologize for saying them. I will not use any of this humor in the CN Community, and will make sure to think twice before using any humor that might be deemed offensive.

Thank you for responding. It is really refreshing to have staff that are actively engaged in the community.

-DEADSHOT

Nomad

Mar 28, 2023
Appeal Denied

Hi @Deadshot,

Thanks for taking the time to make a appeal.

The N-word is not allowed on the server for any reason and considered severe toxicity therefor the ban will stay.​

Status
Not open for further replies.