developer application | Armani

Status
Not open for further replies.

armanklm

Jan 5, 2024
In-game name: Foundation: Armani Dantoni | Citizen(parawatch): Mani "Selena gomez rescuer"
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:103017463
For how long have you played on our servers?: approximately 2 weeks.
What country are you from?: Netherlands
Time Zone: Central European Time (CET)
Do you have a mic?: yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones: Yes

Have you received any bans?: No.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 4.5 - (The reason why i dont say 5 is that i'm not sure if the banking addon should be created via an external database or an ingame datastoring method)

Do you have any experience with Git?: yes, I have utilized Git for school projects and personal projects.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?: None.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: 4 - 8 hours depending on academic commitments.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I've always been passionate about programming and tehchnology. My journey started with studying Computer Science, Where I picked up the Programming language C#. Later, I developed skills in Lua while working on FiveM projects for about three years, even going as far as developing my own server. (This was a Dutch RP server) Currently, I'm expanding my skills in Python trough my studies in Information Science.

I want to start by fixing bugs to ensure a solid RP experience. My experience with different languages gives me a good approach to solving problems. I particularly want to enhance the SCP RP experience, as that's where I spend most of my gaming time. Beyond initial bug fixes, I want to start exploring the oppertunities that are possible to further improving features, as well any struggles players encounter while playing SCP RP.

If there are any question regarding my application, or if you'd simply like to get to know me better, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
It is fundamentally important to actually show what you can make. If you look at other accepted programmer applications, you can see that they have posted videos of projects that they started and showed it off as well as the code. Everyone can be saying that they're this and that, but at the end you actually have to prove it.

And Applications can take a bit, so it would be a good idea to use this as your "Development" Thread, where you continue to post updates on stuff that you're making, which signifies that you are willing to learn, improve over time and actually want to be accepted.

armanklm

Jan 5, 2024
It is fundamentally important to actually show what you can make. If you look at other accepted programmer applications, you can see that they have posted videos of projects that they started and showed it off as well as the code. Everyone can be saying that they're this and that, but at the end you actually have to prove it.

And Applications can take a bit, so it would be a good idea to use this as your "Development" Thread, where you continue to post updates on stuff that you're making, which signifies that you are willing to learn, improve over time and actually want to be accepted.

Thank you for your respone. As I am new to GMod development, I don't have previous personal projects in this area to share. I'll start creating a banking system in Gmod to give you a better sense of my programming abilites.

Here is my Github repository of the banking system.
Github banking-addon
This way, you can directly see my programming style and how I approach and solve problems.

armanklm

Jan 5, 2024
Hi everyone,

I would like to remove my application.
I got offered a new challenge to work on.

Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.