Did inactive donators get wiped?

critique

Oct 13, 2023
I was a donator here like five or six years ago, I just registered the same email again.

I know it's normal for companies to wipe the slate so to say when someone doesn't show up for a long time, but I was really hoping to see my "platinum" whatever and the other stuff I bought, I spent a good 60-70 euros IIRC.

Does anyone have any general information about this? Should I contact support? Is there a chance for me to see that stuff again?

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
I was a donator here like five or six years ago, I just registered the same email again.

I know it's normal for companies to wipe the slate so to say when someone doesn't show up for a long time, but I was really hoping to see my "platinum" whatever and the other stuff I bought, I spent a good 60-70 euros IIRC.

Does anyone have any general information about this? Should I contact support? Is there a chance for me to see that stuff again?
I'm guessing you played on old DarkRP - CG shut down late 2021, and CC shut down late 2022 iirc.

DarkRP was relaunched in August this year with a clean slate, so everyone has started from the beginning.

From our DarkRP FAQ -

Q: Will I keep anything from Civil Gamers DarkRP?

A: No. Everything is being reset. Civil Gamers DarkRP ran from 2013 to 2021 and has been closed for two years. Civil Networks DarkRP is an entirely new server with a new map, remastered addons and an ongoing focus on new content.

Q: Does that include donations?

A: Yes. We ran Civil Gamers DarkRP for 8 years. During that time we incurred significant costs in keeping the server alive for 8 years. Donations are purchased for a server's lifetime, and it's worth noting 8 years is a significantly above average lifetime for a server.In order to pay for Civil Networks DarkRP we must start fresh. Our hosting expenses in 2023 are significantly more than in 2013-2021 (because we use much better hardware), and development, microservices, legal/accountancy fees, etc, all cost more as well. The flip-side of this is that it should be a much smoother experience: lag should be a lot lower than you remember it, etc.