Partially Accepted Dimension Balance Suggestions

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will 'Sentinel'

Jan 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This should be considered as ideas for the content team as they inevitably make changes to the new update.

Suggestion 1:

The Scranton Reality Anchor is a powerful tool for combatting reality benders and it seems logical that it would be able to act as a window into other dimensions. This would allow users in the normal dimension to place an anchor, and see anyone that enters the radius of it. The people within the other dimensions would remain there, but this would perhaps make them vulnerable. As part of this, I think that those passing through the radius would become opaque (similarly to how you view people in the real world from the dimension). This could be combined with the existing pull out that happens at the end of the SRA's life cycle.

Suggestion 2:

This is a more extreme measure and may be too powerful. As opposed to Suggestion 1 were people in the dimension may be viewed but will not leave it, this change would pull anyone that enters the radius out of the dimension and back into the real world. To make this balanced, it could only work for people in the radius when placed (so those that walk in after are not affected). Through testing I have found this already happens towards the end of the SRA's life cycle but this would be closer to when it was placed (which makes it easier to time).

Suggestion 3:

For either of these suggestions, I believe a reduction in the SRA cooldown would be required. It currently sits at 15 minutes and may benefit a reduction to a lower value. As these changes massively shift the dynamic, the SRA would be used more often.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

A similar suggestion was filed earlier (https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...dimensional-travel-barrier.23963/#post-168559) but this builds upon it and makes additional suggestions.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows easier counter-play of dimensional shifting
- Helps balance gameplay more, as there would not be sole reliance on SCPs and also a paid job

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- May lead to a reduction in the power of the paid Cartographer job
- Makes raids more difficult

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
These suggestions should be considered by the Content Team to help balance the new release. This would hopefully make it more fun for the player base when dealing with dimensions, it may also create more roleplay and testing opportunities. In short, this creates easier counter-play to dimensions basically.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Suggestion 1:

The Scranton Reality Anchor is a powerful tool for combatting reality benders and it seems logical that it would be able to act as a window into other dimensions. This would allow users in the normal dimension to place an anchor, and see anyone that enters the radius of it. The people within the other dimensions would remain there, but this would perhaps make them vulnerable. As part of this, I think that those passing through the radius would become opaque (similarly to how you view people in the real world from the dimension). This could be combined with the existing pull out that happens at the end of the SRA's life cycle.
doesnt make much sense

Suggestion 2:

This is a more extreme measure and may be too powerful. As opposed to Suggestion 1 were people in the dimension may be viewed but will not leave it, this change would pull anyone that enters the radius out of the dimension and back into the real world. To make this balanced, it could only work for people in the radius when placed (so those that walk in after are not affected). Through testing I have found this already happens towards the end of the SRA's life cycle but this would be closer to when it was placed (which makes it easier to time).
Instead of immediately pulling them out of the dimension, instead make it take some time? This would pressure them to move out if they're camping a spot.

Suggestion 3:

For either of these suggestions, I believe a reduction in the SRA cooldown would be required. It currently sits at 15 minutes and may benefit a reduction to a lower value. As these changes massively shift the dynamic, the SRA would be used more often.
lmfao no
you arent even considering the implications on Reality benders

+/-Neutral leaning towards +Support for Suggestion 2
-Support for Suggestion 1 and Suggestion 3

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support for

- Suggestion 1

I really like this part. Would provide a good counter for users, maybe also expanding the area the Scranton bubble covers to you could cover a large area with it as the dimension is huge but the Scranton radius is tiny and easily avoided. It would also be nice if users in the radius of the Scranton could be interacted with (touched, damaged, cuffable etc) due to the fact that Scranton: do normalize anomalies in their radius.

- Suggestion 3

They have become a huge part of the gameplay loop! Lower the cooldown even a tiny bit.

Reactions: Kevin Ki and Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support on 1, neutral on the other two (I honestly thought 1 already happened?)

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
...Most likely thing that could happen is that Cartographers will spawn with SRAs, ala E-11 conspec

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+support for

- Suggestion 1

I really like this part. Would provide a good counter for users, maybe also expanding the area the Scranton bubble covers to you could cover a large area with it as the dimension is huge but the Scranton radius is tiny and easily avoided. It would also be nice if users in the radius of the Scranton could be interacted with (touched, damaged, cuffable etc) due to the fact that Scranton: do normalize anomalies in their radius.

- Suggestion 3

They have become a huge part of the gameplay loop! Lower the cooldown even a tiny bit.
Ditto to this.
+support

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Will D,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion.

We will be accepting suggestion 2 and suggestion 3.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

• Love
Reactions: Zen
Status
Not open for further replies.