Disable Auto-Breaches Under 40 Players

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Disable auto-breaching under 40 players. Breach queues will become "suspended" until the 40 player threshold is met. Time will pause once it dips below 40 players and resume when the threshold is met again.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
No.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Preserves server health below 40 players.
- Frequently D-Class or CI breach SCPs anyways during low pop. This gives a tiny nerf to an auto-breach happening on top of SCPs already being breached (happens all the time during low pop on US)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Not many, really - unless it's a slow morning for CI raids/D-Class escapes in which case playing an SCP to wait to be breached is kinda pointless.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?
Over the past 2 months I've been on during low pop hours (5am EST to 11am EST) and consistently nearly every morning D-Class have escaped and disguised due to the extremely low population of gensec, or CI has raided at the bare minimum MTF. Having this change where auto-breaches are suspended would essentially allow SCPs to continue to be breached without severely screwing over the site when they are breached. Several times as well, SCPs may be breached by D-Class or CI to have an auto breach happen on top of that. When that happens with less than 10 combatives on site, it triggers code black scenarios.

Last edited:
hmm
-/+ Neutral, leaning +Support
since this wouldn't affect 096 as he can breach independently of the breach queue, i don't really have any personal biases against this, but like - even as a low-pop SCP breacher myself,

i think this suggestion feels a little US-centric as on UK, most of the players that are on at low-pop time are primarily either the funny noon/late-night SCP breachers or RPers

i'd imagine this would have to be implemented on both and while on UK, the former group i mentioned would probably really appreciate the change, the latter would simply just not be around. that being said, the late-night RPers tend to dip when there's a big breach anyway, so from the outside, change in population dip would be minimal...? idk how things are on US. i'm aware that population is a lot healthier and evergreen day-round, so there isn't that much concern, but eh...

this is probably going to end up being an NL discussion, as the breach queue is a primary selling point of the servers and since the entire idea of gating off when SCPs are and aren't allowed to breach in such a high-impact way, this is probably something... idk? something like that.

this is honestly a difficult one. i guess it could work? i just get the feeling there's a significant concern that i'm like, on the surface of grasping, but only just unable to.

inb4 yeke comes in with the big solve.

So that then MTF players can just all commute to flag off and play something else so as to not have to put up with SCP breaches (which are not as bad by the way!)..

Idk man this could be made in a way where the breach queue isn’t just halted. That’s part of a core-gameplay loop and it should be just HP that receives such a massive nerf. I think if this went under trial it could have potential but meh.. 60 players is pretty solid for a breach.
+ / ~ Neutral