Accepted Disable Collisions on Keycard Panels

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Just like the keycard scanner entity itself, disable collisions on the back panel .

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I could find.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. You don't get stuck when they magically appear inside of you
  2. You don't have to struggle to funnel through a crowded doorway
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. Time taken
  2. Players can't stand on the panels anymore
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It may seem like a one-off occurrence, but I see this happening to people all the time, them getting confused why they're stuck, and sometimes requiring staff for a stuck ticket. Keycard scanners should not be inconvenient.

Reactions: Harold Hawks

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
-Support
-The reason I am -Supporting this is because if a player were to be standing in a No-collision keypad, sometimes it would be rendered virtually impossible to reach due to hitboxes of player and other things. with Collidable keypads we have a fix to this problem.

-Support
-The reason I am -Supporting this is because if a player were to be standing in a No-collision keypad, sometimes it would be rendered virtually impossible to reach due to hitboxes of player and other things. with Collidable keypads we have a fix to this problem.
You could... I don't know... ask them to move out of the way? Give them a warning to move or be arrested/shot?
On another note, this would make it harder those getting arrested from opening the door to escape a room. Y'know, the players who tend to break FearRP despite having an army chasing them? I still see this as a win-win.

-Support
Eh? I'm pretty sure the collision box of a keypad wouldn't be able to fully overlap a player's hitbox. Even if it did across like one axis, there's still... The rest of the player hitbox. Just aim at that. This a total non-issue.

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
Eh? I'm pretty sure the collision box of a keypad wouldn't be able to fully overlap a player's hitbox. Even if it did across like one axis, there's still... The rest of the player hitbox. Just aim at that. This a total non-issue.
After the newest reset, a player was able to trap people in d block easily by standing over a nocolided Keypad. his player model absorbed the entirety of it and made it impossible to open the door

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
You could... I don't know... ask them to move out of the way? Give them a warning to move or be arrested/shot?
On another note, this would make it harder those getting arrested from opening the door to escape a room. Y'know, the players who tend to break FearRP despite having an army chasing them? I still see this as a win-win.
That seems like a lot more of a hastle than keeping them collidable. also add in extra dev time. not everyone can arrest/shoot and thats why its not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.