MrHugs

Jan 29, 2023
????️#6425

What server is this for, Network, CityRP, SCP or MRP?: SCP, Network

Permanent Discord ID (see format thread for help): 366582187111350272

Date of ban (if known): June 7th 2023

Reason for ban (if known): "hate speech in pfp"

Who banned you?: Unknown/Doesn't say

Prior to this, have you ever been banned off Discord?: Never.

Why should we remove your ban from Discord? (50 words minimal): Well for one my pfp isn't hate speech at all and it's a religious symbol for buddhism/hinduism, it's quite the opposite of what I assume they thought it was. Plus I remember telling the moderators before that it is a religious icon not a nazi swastik, also the pfp literally has text in it saying it isnt a hate speech image, Image below. I'd understand if you would want it changed to stop people from assuming, but if you straight up ban me please understand the symbol and read it as it has no correlation with hate.

Attachments

• 000d15295ddbfadff6a8ed3ab026bdf9.png
    000d15295ddbfadff6a8ed3ab026bdf9.png
    156 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Hello @MrHugs

I was the one that banned you before the SCP staff team could act.

The reason was that I had received numerous reports regarding your PFP and your user bio. It is my understanding that the PFP you are using is related to hate speech for quite an obvious reason.

Also, your bio is appearing to be a "dog whistle" for something more, meaning both were connected in some way, and this justified my reason to ban you.

You also mentioned that you have been spoken to before by the moderation team. I am now strongly suggesting that you change your profile to prevent something like this from happening again if you were to return to our servers.

Kind Regards,
Doofy​

MrHugs

Jan 29, 2023
Hello @MrHugs

I was the one that banned you before the SCP staff team could act.

The reason was that I had received numerous reports regarding your PFP and your user bio. It is my understanding that the PFP you are using is related to hate speech for quite an obvious reason.

Also, your bio is appearing to be a "dog whistle" for something more, meaning both were connected in some way, and this justified my reason to ban you.

You also mentioned that you have been spoken to before by the moderation team. I am now strongly suggesting that you change your profile to prevent something like this from happening again if you were to return to our servers.

Kind Regards,
Doofy​
I had that in my bio as people still assumed it was a racist pfp though theres many reasons not. At this point i dont see a reason to change it as I already got punished for something i didn't really even offend, if I got told to change it before I got banned for practically no reason I would have. It's either I'm going to keep my pfp and rejoin or I'm just not going to join back as I feel this is enough for the discord mods to realize my pfp is not even hate speech and it's just me expressing my religion. Sorry if this came off as rude but I wouldn't like to change my pfp because some people didnt read my bio or pfp and assumed it's hate speech. Best regards to you and how you would like to continue this.

Update: I changed my pfp and am awaiting a response

Last edited:

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @MrHugs ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After discussion with Network Leadership, and the fact you have changed your profile photo we have decided to allow you back into the community, however please in future refrain from such iconography within Civil Networks.

Kind Regards,
Yeke​

Status
Not open for further replies.