Denied Disease System

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

My suggestion would add a disease system where once every few hours a player will contract a disease with some diseases being rarer than others. Diseases would become progressively worse over time if left untreated and if this continues for long enough it will lead to a final effect that is quite serious. For example, a player contracts a disease that slowly over time lowers their movement speed, after an hour of leaving this untreated a player will lose the ability to sprint and their movement speed will be capped at walking speed until it's treated. Furthermore players would not be notified if they have contracted a disease, they would notice their symptoms after a while and would have to go to a doctor to diagnose and treat their disease. Also there would be certain types of medication to cure certain diseases and if the wrong medication is consumed another debuff is added such as slower aim in speed. Medication would have to be created by chemists and there would be different types of diseases that also have different severity levels (discovered by analysing blood) and these diseases would need different medication that becomes more difficult to make the stronger the disease. For example stage 3 Bubonic plague is discovered in a patient, the doctor checks a sheet with all the known diseases on and sees that the Bubonic plague needs antibiotics, if they provide strength 1 antibiotics they only have a 1/3 chance of working. But if they provide strength 5 antibiotics then the patient will be cured but they will have a debuff applied that is multiplied by 2 because it is 2 levels above the needed strength but if they provide strength 3 antibiotics the patient will be cured with no debuffs.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

+ Adds a lot more things for the medical department to do
+ Has potential to eventually include anomalous diseases
+ Makes a point to the medic role
+ Makes RP for the medical department

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- It would take quite a lot of developer time to implement
- It could get annoying for everyone if diseases are too frequent

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe that just by looking at the pros vs cons there are more reasons to implement this than not too. The main reason I'm making this suggestion is because I like the medical team and the medical department but in all honesty it lacks almost all forms of RP as there isn't much more to do other than run around and heal people with a field kit and occasionally do a psych eval and something like this would completely change the tide for the medical department and make it a cornerstone of the foundation like a medical department should be. I understand that this will take a while to implement and isn't an easy task but when all other tasks are completed why not help out our people in medical.

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
CI raids the foundation

The chef with bubonic plague about to give them all debuffs

Attachments

• 49CDC1D3-45B8-4B62-8857-AB6A992BCE1F.jpeg
    49CDC1D3-45B8-4B62-8857-AB6A992BCE1F.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 8

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
+Support
As much as I'd love this for medical it'll get denied like everyone else who's tried to suggest the same thing sadly

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022
+Support
As much as I'd love this for medical it'll get denied like everyone else who's tried to suggest the same thing sadly
Probably, maybe there can be a new kind of injury system where there's more stuff to treat in some way.

We've had disease systems on some of our previous servers and they were incredibly unpopular, people quickly get frustrated with having to get cured and it becomes a chore. We can't piss off the entire playerbase to add RP for medical dpt (which in reality won't be RP, it'll just be repetitive tasks for the medical dpt to complete as well).

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022
We've had disease systems on some of our previous servers and they were incredibly unpopular, people quickly get frustrated with having to get cured and it becomes a chore. We can't piss off the entire playerbase to add RP for medical dpt (which in reality won't be RP, it'll just be repetitive tasks for the medical dpt to complete as well).
Yea I guess. But how are we supposed to add RP without adding something like this?

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Gat,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because, as Cloak said, this was already implemented on other server and it became unfun and frustating for other players.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Gat
Status
Not open for further replies.