Disguise kit rule clarification

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
While playing i've heard time and time again that "disguise sniping is against the rules" in one form or another but while looking I have yet to find something that explicitly states this, so, is this an actual rule or is it one of those things people make up because they're annoyed by it.

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
If i remember, when i used to play it was tricky to determine as yes there is nothing against it but it can be seen as Fail RP due to how unrealistic it is to get a disguise from halfway across the map. idk if staff's view has changed since i left ~4 months ago so i cant give you a modern viewpoint but thats how it was when i used to play/be staff

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Hello @“The Heretic”, in response to your question:

“Sniping” a disguise is against the rules and falls under FailRP. Obtaining a disguise is to be done in a controlled roleplay setting. This means that you have to be close to this specific person and obtain it (if possible) without their knowledge. Having them face a wall to “look at something they got in their hair” is a good example of this.

If the person is from another faction, having them at gunpoint, restrained or cuffed, does also work to obtain it in a fair way.

This has been a topic of discussion, but we don’t want people to “snipe” disguises from the other side of the map, since it would not make sense in RP.

I hope I answered your questions, if you request further information, feel free to ping or dm me in discord.

Have a good day.

Last edited: