Content Suggestion Document System QoL Changes

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove?
Adds the following text elements to documents/vclipboard:
- Text Alignment
- Font Type (I'd recommend some basic fonts such as the current default, Roboto Mono, Roboto Serif, Verdana, Times New Roman, etc.)
- Font Color
- Italics / Underline / Bold / Strikethrough
- Special Characters (Stars, Arrows, Bullet Points, etc.)

Also add a new format called "SCP File" for new, original files on custom SCPs. The format would put this at the top instead of the standard Foundation header:
eea234afc67f58d18b40d16ff7501008.png

(Item Number, Classification, Containment Class, Disruption Class, Risk Class)

You could also add GOC and CI files such as DeCIRO documents! There also is a current bug when editing documents that puts every character on a new line when you edit existing text. If that is fixed I think we're golden.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I wasn't able to find anything.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Makes the document system more enjoyable to use.
- Makes the server more unique as it'd make the document system incomparable to other servers document systems.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time, maybe? Otherwise none!

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?
Everyone hates using the document system. Having these features and fixing that one super annoying bug would honestly make it great to use. Shrimple!

Note: There is nothing on the dev tracker relating to this aside from GOC doc formats! The only QoL improvements for documents are listed here.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023
+SUPPORT
As an avid 40+ page doc creator every time I do a test this would be fire 🔥

Something else that would be quite nice, is better line seperators! Currently we have the line, and the dotted one, but it'd be nice if we could also just have thinner ones.

But something I am **dying for** is the addition of a yellow highlighter, or well, any colour highlighter. So when you grade a doc, you can actually be like "this section I've highlighted needs change" etc, that can only be used on documents with it toggled on (to prevent griefing of old docs).

Mad_Max_000

Oct 13, 2024
+Support
Could we also add that writing a doc will trigger as activity. Writing a lengthy doc becomes annoying when you have to back out and move every couple of minutes.

• Love
Reactions: Recker and 'Athena'