Accepted Downtime roleplay fix

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(This is mainly a USA suggestion)

What does this suggestion change/add/remove
Recently, (the last couple of weeks) it has been non-stop code 5's for the server in downtime, even on weekends. This is due to lack of MTF or Foundation personnel, even though the server count surpasses the limit of 60, which SCP health scaling stops, breach tools can be used, and SCPs can be hacked out. By increasing the amount of players for what is stated before, it could definitely make the server have more RP during downtime and not be boring where you die every 5 minutes, re-contain a breach just for there to be another breach due to CI or D-Class that can easily raid due to the lack of players.

The main point of the suggestion to be added is
Increase the scaling health of SCP breaches to upwards of 70-80 Players, breach tools activate at 70-80 players, and SCPs can be hacked out at 65-70 players. Simple change that might not be seen as such, but can definately make a larger difference.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Possibly, but probably not exactly like what my suggestion is.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)
More RP during downtime, players will actually have more fun when they aren't dying to non-stop breaches throughout the 8-10 hour chunk of the day.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
CI cant raid the Foundation for a portion of the day, some may be unhappy due to less SCP breaches as they might find constantly breaching fun

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
Because with a change like this, the state of the server during downtime may actually be somewhat bearable

May 27, 2023
+Support
- Its honestly a joke that this has been going for almost a full week. It not only ruins the playing experience for majority of the server but also just causes the server to be unplayable for certain segments of the day, leading to players who are time restricted be it due to work, education, or personal matters being unable to enjoy something simply because "Haha lets mass breach so that it annoys everyone because it'll make me happy." It essentially lets people minge on CI or SCP without any punishment. What makes it even worse to is that often times there is no SL or SC on to call a code-black leading to 3 HOUR LONG BREACHES (and that's if you're lucky) which ruins majority of foundation experiences. Now I get it that it'll effect CI quite a bit, but I think something that might help CI with enjoyability during these downtimes is to possible expand surface event (like the briefcase one) and to have more PVP opportunities on surface. Maybe Nu-7 could try and combat CI more often or possible reward those who do?

-neutral
(more downvote)
It is undeniable that if this change is implemented, it will greatly increase the number and frequency of other RP activities. It will have a positive effect on the overall player community and game experience.
On the other hand, I think if this suggestion is accepted, it will lead to destroying the game experience of Class-D personnel players, or on the other word greatly change the game mode of Class-D, because one of the benefits of Class-D is unlimited breaching SCP, that’s already really hard enough to escape the D-block as Class-D in case the MTF and GenSec are doing their job, even the situation of 20 players online. Secondly, this will reduce the things that players can do when they are low pop. Those GSD, E-11 and Nu-7 will have almost nothing to do except patrolling, chatting, AFK, and in some cases a short PVP with CI. I think catching hackers is also a part of job for MTF and SCU in low pop for RP cycle and promo

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023
-neutral
(more downvote)
It is undeniable that if this change is implemented, it will greatly increase the number and frequency of other RP activities. It will have a positive effect on the overall player community and game experience.
On the other hand, I think if this suggestion is accepted, it will lead to destroying the game experience of Class-D personnel players, or on the other word greatly change the game mode of Class-D, because one of the benefits of Class-D is unlimited breaching SCP, that’s already really hard enough to escape the D-block as Class-D in case the MTF and GenSec are doing their job, even the situation of 20 players online. Secondly, this will reduce the things that players can do when they are low pop. Those GSD, E-11 and Nu-7 will have almost nothing to do except patrolling, chatting, AFK, and in some cases a short PVP with CI. I think catching hackers is also a part of job for MTF and SCU in low pop for RP cycle and promo
...D Class can't hack SCPs, what? Also, I'll be honest, D-Class mains don't deserve rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.