Denied ECM/ECC CL4 Card

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would see Ethics given a CL4 card upon spawn as well as their CL5 card.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
CL3 and below members of personnel are under the impression that the Ethics Committee is a CL4 branch of foundation and having them having to use a CL5 card to open doors is very irritating if a door shuts on them as they have to try and hide the CL5 card.
Realistically the foundation would easily be able to make an extra few cards to hide something that shouldnt be public knowledge

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Im not sure if you can have 2 different biometric cards but I think it should be fine.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Would help enhance the roleplay around ECMs and not having to hide their card or worry that they'll need to amnesticate people just for seeing them open a door.

Zen

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Sep 16, 2023
-support

>Interrogate tool

But I understand the lore reason. I asked for this a while ago, but when this was pointed out I could see why this was a bad idea. If this can be countered in a fair way, then that'd be good.
I don't fully understand what you mean by this. Also, if an ECM is being interro tooled, I think you have bigger issues than an info leak that they are CL5.

Sam Montgomery

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 3, 2021
+ Support

Happily +support anything that encourages RP (Doubt it will be added though unfortunately)

It is.
Ethics being CL5 is a more secret then the existence of the O5.
(That being, CL2/CL3 knows O5 exists but only CL4 know Ethics are CL5, "The longest lie" is what this is called)

To CL3 and below, Ethics are simply CL4.
By the way, this is exclusive to UK. On US our ECMs quite literally (in their words) "don't give a fuck if people know about CL5".

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
i dont think ethics being cl5 is a secret
A little off-topic but the way it works is the Ethics Committee lies to everyone in CL3 and below to convince them that the Committee is powerless and that their main concerns are upholding the rights of Foundation employees. The Committee does this to encourage people to confide information to them that might lead to exposing unethical activity. The Committee then uses Omega-1 to investigate the unethical activity and assassinates anyone found guilty - even other members of CL5. The Ethics Committee's real concern is to ensure that Foundation resources are not being abused, so that the Foundation does not become corrupt and turn away from securing anomalies and researching them. CL4 are made aware of the truth about the Committee because the Committee sometimes makes use of CL4 in their CL5 projects/investigations.

By the way, this is exclusive to UK. On US our ECMs quite literally (in their words) "don't give a fuck if people know about CL5".
Yes we are all well aware of the standard of RP on the US site.

• Love
Reactions: Broda and 'Athena'

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Caeden ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We as content team have talked about this extensively due to the loadout changes and we have deemed this not necessary.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.