Edwin Hamilton Application for Security Captain (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:483972815
Discord name: Cricor
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 133.55 hours
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: BST/GMT
Character name(s): Edwin Hamilton (F) Edvin Hamiltion (CI)
Civilian name: Oliver Cortfield
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
None this is my first whitelist application (Edit: Just realized that I have had IA and DEA “whitelist”/training )(Update: E-11 LCPL (Holding)
CI-A (Holding))
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
No
-
Why are you applying for Security Captain?
I enjoy playing GENSEC as both a sergeant and Riot sergeant and becoming the captain feels like a natural next step. I believe I can contribute positively to GENSEC in various ways. I would like to host more HW and RRT tryouts and command sweeps.
-
What makes you suitable for Security Captain?:
As a Security Captain candidate, my qualifications are well-suited for the role. With a comprehensive understanding of GENSEC, I possess the ability to make strategic decisions while adhering to legal protocols and ethical standards. Through active involvement in numerous RRT and HW tryouts, I have gained valuable insights into training new cadets effectively. I am committed to assisting new players, offering guidance and support without providing direct answers. For instance, recently, when the NPC was removed from the research area and notes on the wall went missing, I aided multiple Junior Researchers in completing their tests. Furthermore, my consistent online presence allows me to conduct regular tryouts, lead sweeps when required, and assume a leadership position within GENSEC, ensuring smooth operations and effective teamwork. In summary, my proficiency in GENSEC operations, training experience, and dedication to fostering a positive and supportive environment make me a highly suitable candidate for the position of Security Captain.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Security Captain in RP?:
Authorize security sweeps when D-Class personnel are armed with guns and keycards clearance 2+.
Conduct heavy weapons and RRT tryouts to a high standard and frequently.
Deploy Gensec personnel strategically to critical areas such as airlocks or watchtowers as needed.
Maintain a positive working relationship with Site Administration
(SA).
Ensure that all Gensec personnel adhere to a high standard of professionalism.
Educate new cadets on how the system works and how to climb the ranks
To credit and acknowledge the contributions of GENSEC personnel assigned to D-Block.
-
Please give some lore about your Security Captain character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Edwin Hamilton's enigmatic past remains shrouded in mystery, even to himself. At a young age, he found himself in a coma, inexplicably separated from his family. Eventually, he forged a path into the military, displaying exceptional prowess and strategic acumen, rapidly ascending the ranks. However, the SCP Foundation identified his exceptional abilities and recruited him covertly, causing him to vanish, officially marked with a dishonorable discharge. Within the SCP Foundation, Hamilton stands out for his notable ethical principles, surpassing those of many of his peers. However, unbeknownst to most, he harbors a deep fear of amnestics due to the clouded memories from his childhood. Despite this fear, he adeptly conceals it for obvious reasons, well aware of the consequences. Hamilton's involvement often revolves around storylines concerning D-block, Gensec, and the dread of amnestics.

Last edited:

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-Neutral
Never seen before, I'll change this if I see you on a few times.

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
-Neutral
Never seen before, I'll change this if I see you on a few times.
I have been on holiday for the past week but I made this before and only got to posting this today. Hope to see you

Drew

Oct 31, 2022
+1
-really great guy
-good in RP
-good in combat
- active

Pointman

Jun 23, 2023
+Support
+ Has been standing out as sergeant.
+ Has asked captains for help and has assisted them when needed.
- I wont lie i havent seen you on very long but a decent amount.
+ In terms of personality, very friendly even if im his higher up considering how other sergeants have acted in response to me commanding them.

Nick Tyson

Dec 14, 2022

+Support

-Good app
-Good guy

-Didn't say Hanz is the best Captain
-Seen him 24/7 GSD (you sur need a break)
-He is the best RRT I have seen

-but didn't do his promise (you know in HCZ with the roll 100)

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Neutral
You seem genuinely interested and people seem to think you are a good fit for the role.
My issue is that you appear to have used AI to assist with your application. For a 15 year old, your written English is exceptional when looking at your lore. As well as this, you appear to only use American-English spellings which is another sign of AI use, being British. After using an AI checker on select areas, it seems that you used AI to write parts of your application but I believe you did change it to fit better.
1691238484441.png

Obviously, this is not 100% conclusive but I do not personally doubt it. Normally I would not be neutral but seeing from other responses that you come across as competent and a good candidate, I think this could possibly be overlooked.

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Neutral
You seem genuinely interested and people seem to think you are a good fit for the role.
My issue is that you appear to have used AI to assist with your application. For a 15 year old, your written English is exceptional when looking at your lore. As well as this, you appear to only use American-English spellings which is another sign of AI use, being British. After using an AI checker on select areas, it seems that you used AI to write parts of your application but I believe you did change it to fit better.
View attachment 9198

Obviously, this is not 100% conclusive but I do not personally doubt it. Normally I would not be neutral but seeing from other responses that you come across as competent and a good candidate, I think this could possibly be overlooked.
Hello, I understand why you may think this. I wrote this on google docs and then copied it over to here on google docs I have many grammar and spelling auto-correct extensions many of which are by default set to American English this is most likely laziness on my part not going through and checking the are the correct English. The AI test can be inaccurate and often mainly look for spelling and grammar mistakes. If you look at the core of the writing it is quite basic but I have used many "fancy" words to make it look more official. Edit: I have just put it through my own AI detector and it shows it is human-generated.
Thank you for your time and have a good day
Note: I have changed amnestics to drugs so it wouldn't think that was a spelling mistake
1691247874796.png
1691248543558.png

Last edited:

Maksim "Enigma"

Jul 19, 2022
United Kingdom
Neutral
View attachment 9198

"Edwin Hamilton's enigmatic past"

Enigma??? Lmao

Maksim "Enigma"

Jul 19, 2022
United Kingdom
INTERVIEW REQUIRED
Good Afternoon Edwin,

The General Security Department would like to express an interest in progressing your career to the station of GSD Captain however an interview will be required. Please note that the interview is a failable process.

Would you kindly a contact Chief of Security through external comms to arrange a meet.

Kind regards,

Chief of Security Maksim

Status
Not open for further replies.