Denied Enhanced Character Customization with New Accessories and Facial Styles (UK)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realboss963

Apr 21, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Change/Add:

• Accessories Options: Introduces a new feature allowing players to customize their player models with various accessories.

• Customization Options: Adds a variety of glasses and sunglasses models, including different lens colors and frame materials.

• Facial Styles: Adds options for different facial hair styles such as beards and mustaches, with customizable length, color, and style.

• Customization Interface: Implements an easy-to-use interface for previewing and saving accessory combinations.
  • Integration: Provides built in customization options, so players don't have to rely on PAC3 all the time for accessory and facial style customization.

• Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Yes, similar suggestions may have been made, focusing on character customization.

• Expands Options: Introduces a wider variety of accessories, including multiple styles of glasses, sunglasses, and customizable facial hair.
    • User Friendly Interface: Offers an intuitive and easy to use interface for selecting and previewing accessories, making the customization process seamless.
    • Built-In Feature: Eliminates the need to rely on external tools like PAC3, integrating these customization options directly into the game.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Enhanced Player Engagement:
    • By offering more customization options, players can create unique and personalized avatars, making the game more immersive and enjoyable.
  • Increased Player Satisfaction:
    • Providing a variety of customization options without needing external tools like PAC3 makes the game more user-friendly, leading to higher player satisfaction and retention.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

There are no significant negatives. Adding new customization options will only enhance the player experience.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This suggestion should be accepted because it greatly improves the player experience by offering more ways to personalize characters, making the game more fun and engaging. With no major drawbacks, it’s a beneficial enhancement for the game overall.

realboss963

Apr 21, 2024
please god no save my frames. pac already kills my game and I wont be able to disable this
I mean, I understand the worry about your game performance, but pac 3 is actually more demanding on your system. The new accessories and facial style will be optimized to have less impact on the frame rates, and there could be an option to disable these features in the settings if needed.

Apr 5, 2024
I mean, I understand the worry about your game performance, but pac 3 is actually more demanding on your system. The new accessories and facial style will be optimized to have less impact on the frame rates, and there could be an option to disable these features in the settings if needed.
Im already getting 15 fps in D-block, if every d-class suddenly gains lush golden locks I am going to have 2 seconds per frame.

• Haha
Reactions: Pupper
-/+ Neutral
interesting - although the immediate reaction from others seems to be "just buy pac3," we all forget that there are multiple ways to approach a problem that each have their own ups and downs. additionally,
There are no significant negatives. Adding new customization options will only enhance the player experience.
the first immediate negative i notice is that as an alternative to pac3, this as currently written seeks to damage the existing financial model surrounding it.

my immediate interpretation of this idea was as something relating to vdonations, crates, and/or the item market, i.e. expanding that to be more than just weapon skins. the idea being that it would be a system where you could get various different wearables to apply to your character either as part of a donation package, something that you can get via crates or just off the item market.

i think it would provide an interesting alternative to pac3, revitalise the item economy and also may potentially be profitable for the network - provided that this feature could be implemented optimally in such a way that it is not as much of a performance issue as pac3; which in itself is a tall order. it's also a large part of what this hinges on for viability: if given the option and people pursue this instead of pac3, then that's less people using pac3, ergo improved performance. that being said, the current monetisation model for pac3 is very strong and any alternative provided would invariably weaken it, so i understand if NL would be hesitant to pursue that. additionally, these two things would likely not be mutually exclusive and may just make the problem worse.

it would ultimately come down to whether or not balancing out trying to combat the performance hit of pac3 usage, with the good income provided by pac3 subscriptions, is worth investigating. obviously this is an NL matter, but as the suggestion is asking for something that muscles in on pac3 territory anyway, i would argue that this whole thing was an NL matter from the outset.

i'm of the opinion that it has significant merit, if and only if it is possible to implement this in a way that is more optimal than pac3. and optimisation is hard. plus talking about working on core addons, at the time of writing, there only 2 people on staff that are able to do so, both of whom have myriad other tasks to tend to in their dealing with the network.

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @realboss963 ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

In addition to potentially causing more server lag this would also defeat the purpose of pac3.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.