Accepted Entrance Zone > Floor 2 Elevators quality of life suggestion

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
For god sake, make floor 2 elevator a double door elevator like the floor 2 > garage elevators. Or the new floor 3 elevator. Increase cooldown before calling elevator from the inside so you cannot instantly call it. Force the chat to display something like *Operative peanut has called the elevator* so we know who to RDM for wasting people's time (Joke, but seriously, this makes sense since you'd see the person push the button so make it obvious and easier for IA to find out who pushed it so they can be arrested for Entrapment/Public Nuisance.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
I Guarantee it, but I don't know how to search the suggestions without spending 10 years. Just throwing it out there, if it's already out there, cool, if not, well here we go.

Possible Positives of the suggestion
Prevents minges from depriving people of the elevator, especially in an emergency situation. Makes it so you cannot abuse the elevator by instantly calling it back up when getting shot at. can't prevent people from entering/leaving because of instant button push, etc.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
None, this suggestion is amazing (joke). The negatives would be it's a good bit of work for little benefit other than quality of life. At the moment, the Entrance Zone > Floor 2 Elevator is basically unusable as long as one guy messes around and stalls 30 people from using it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
This deserves to be accepted, it is necessary to rescue everyone's sanity.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
I love the entire site dying when the nuke is set off because people keep getting trapped in the doorway or pressing the elevator button too quick for anyone to get in.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
F2 elevator very funny, yes i love nonsensical bottlenecks

pretty sure F2 is being reworked though so this probably won't be accepted based on that

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-Support
NO I LIKE IT WHEN 20 PEOPLE GET STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR

(+support)
except for pressing the elevator button putting something in chat cause its me pressing that button and i dont want to be jailed

Wolff

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
On an unrelated note, what if in the EZ remake, they'd add a stairwell next to the elevator to F2, might need some map reorganizing, but I think it's doable, even if it's a hella long stairwell

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+massive support
Cannot count how many times I've been done over by someone messing about with the elevator

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
On an unrelated note, what if in the EZ remake, they'd add a stairwell next to the elevator to F2, might need some map reorganizing, but I think it's doable, even if it's a hella long stairwell
Dont think that'd work with the map layout, would require a bit of work and some cheeky transitions to avoid lag from loading all of EZ and LCZ together, but would be dope.

NOTE: Im not a map maker, I'm just saying from what I know (which is little lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.