Denied ERT Nerf

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markius

Jul 25, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove SCP shield and reduce HP of ERT by 100

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No idea

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The shields end breaches instantly, they take forever to break and are way to OP. This would balance breaches.
There are also way to many ERT for them to have that high of HP, this I think would encourage ERT to be more tactical and not just run in, place a shield, nerve, and then call it a day.

possible Negatives of the suggestion:
MTF will not be happy with this since surviving as ERT gives a lot of combat XP, not only that breaches will take a little longer.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As an E11 I can say that breaches are boring af, either it never leaves HCZ or ERT just wipes them instantly. This would bring more balance to breaches and allow SCPs a fighting chance to get to surface.

Dayumian max

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2024
With the mass breaches being nerfed, most of the time breaches either contained really fast, or ert wipes them out. The only way i see ert getting wiped if a d class countinously mass breaching on low pop (which is almost always stopped) or Ert goes in 1 by 1 and them not using anything other than their guns. There isnt much counterplay to ERT if they spam their shields and nerves down and you are not a reality bender so i belive Ert needs less defense, and more offense to make it more balanced.

Jul 1, 2023
This is not a breach server. ERT is for the purpose of ending breaches disruptive to normal RP.
Daily surface breaches and nukes are also not ideal for server health.
ERT gets called naturally after about 30 minutes. The ERT Phone is only usable after 10 minutes have passed since a breach has started, and has a deployment time of 5 minutes after use, leaving a minimum breach time of 15 minutes without ERT presence, and that is if the phone gets used immediately which is quite rare.
The jurisdiction for the ERT Phone lies with Foundation Command and the Site Director, who are trusted not to abuse it by SL.
SCP Shields are quite literally the most useful tool that ERT brings. Without them, ERT are just healthier E-11.
I would also argue that the use of SCP Shields actually provides more tactical gameplay than simply running in due to the ability to corral and cut off certain zones, which presently E-11 are unable to do beyond bulkhead closure.

If you find E-11 to be boring during breaches, I would suggest a buff to E-11 of some kind, like perhaps a single SCP Shield Wall that is obtainable like AA on a 10 minute cooldown.

TL;DR - It's balanced that way for a reason.

Prplex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Markius ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

ERT is considered a final measure to restore RP before nuke is needed. Nerfing them would be directly against the interests of server health. As such we will not be nerfing ERT in any form.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.